Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: medical marijuana card and gun purchase paperwork

OK, now that we've established drunk driving laws, What about marijuana laws? If you get a medical marijuana card is it now illegal for you to own those guns and should you turn them into your nearest police station? I have a friend that has the card, what if we're on the way to or from the range and I get pulled over can the police search the car because my friend has the card and likely in possession? I haven't been shooting with her since she got the card and these are the reasons why. First and foremost, I do not wish to be in the company of a person that is under the influence of marijuana and handling a firearm, second, I don't want to have my car searched because of something I have nothing to do with. Third, potheads are tedious to be around.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Allegheny County)

Not everyone getting MM cards are doing it to "get stoned". I know a guy that was seriously injured in a motorcycle accident in the mid 70's.
    Broken neck,back legs etc.....
    His head is literally held onto his body with screws.

He has been on pain medication for 40 years. Due to the Oxy thing his doctor wants to cut him off his meds and give him a MM card.

He aint thrilled about the prospect. He may have to make a decision

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    Not everyone getting MM cards are doing it to "get stoned". I know a guy that was seriously injured in a motorcycle accident in the mid 70's.
    Broken neck,back legs etc.....
    His head is literally held onto his body with screws.

He has been on pain medication for 40 years. Due to the Oxy thing his doctor wants to cut him off his meds and give him a MM card.

He aint thrilled about the prospect. He may have to make a decision
    Yep, I have scoliosis, stenosis a couple of crumbling vertebra and 4 ruptured discs (went from 5'10" to 5'7"), one knee replaced after both knees had ACL's repaired, one rotator cuff repaired, one still torn and 2 Thalamic strokes that's just some of it plus I can't take NSAIDs.
    So I have 3 choices opioids which I've had my struggle with, Medical MJ or live like I do with pain. You get to chose, life is about choices.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    OK, now that we've established drunk driving laws, What about marijuana laws? If you get a medical marijuana card is it now illegal for you to own those guns and should you turn them into your nearest police station? I have a friend that has the card, what if we're on the way to or from the range and I get pulled over can the police search the car because my friend has the card and likely in possession? I haven't been shooting with her since she got the card and these are the reasons why. First and foremost, I do not wish to be in the company of a person that is under the influence of marijuana and handling a firearm, second, I don't want to have my car searched because of something I have nothing to do with. Third, potheads are tedious to be around.
    I avoid hanging around drunks and drug addicts, for reasons having nothing to do with hr legal issues. They just add more reasons.

(Montgomery County)

You know some people use marijuana actually for medical purposes, not just to get stoned...

Just because you use a certain treatment prescribed by your doctor that the FEDERAL government happens to say is "like really bad" all you guys are falling in line without protest? What happened to fuck the feds and all gun laws are unconstitutional?

Yes, you cannot legally purchase a firearm if you have a medical card. Yes, it's stupid.

Note - no where am I condoning handling/shooting/carrying while in an altered state.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    Do you really need to get stoned?

Or would you rather protect yourself from getting stoned to death?

Drop the pipe and pick up a gun.
    So people deserve to be in debilitating pain to have the right to self defense?

(Allegheny County)

The government banning the possesion and consumption of a plant is at least as ridiculous as gun control. Both are huge overreaches and need to end. But as long as it is illegal at the federal level, you are riski g trouble if you use or posess weed and own guns.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    Do you really need to get stoned?

Or would you rather protect yourself from getting stoned to death?

Drop the pipe and pick up a gun.

We are discussing people prescribed medicinal marijuana for pain control. Not people getting stoned.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by DMG View Post
    We are discussing people prescribed medicinal marijuana for pain control. Not people getting stoned.
    I am of the opinion that weed should be treated like alcohol (and, actually,EVERY drug should be treated as such). I've never used any illegal drug, including MJ.

Having said all that, 100% of the people I know with medical MJ cards sure do seem to be pot heads. Really amazing how their symptoms always seem to pop up at parties, concerts, alleys behind the bar, etc.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DMG View Post
    So, dr pot doesn't get you high?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast