Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Which compact 45?

M&P Shield 45 with 7+1 capacity is hard to beat for its size and price.
    Modern Defense FFL in Telford PA, @ModernDefensePA FB/Instagram ModernDefensePA@gmail.com

[QUOTE=Dhagey90;4558748]M&P Shield 45 with 7+1 capacity is hard to beat for its size and price.[/ QUOTE]

This is the only compact 45 I ever shot. I really liked it. I actually liked it more than my Shield 9mm I had at the time

(Bucks County)

[QUOTE=tallbump;4558749]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhagey90 View Post
    M&P Shield 45 with 7+1 capacity is hard to beat for its size and price.[/ QUOTE]

This is the only compact 45 I ever shot. I really liked it. I actually liked it more than my Shield 9mm I had at the time
    It has a slightly longer grip that I could hold with the flush mag. The regular 9mm is hard to hold with the flush mag.
    Modern Defense FFL in Telford PA, @ModernDefensePA FB/Instagram ModernDefensePA@gmail.com

(Bucks County)

I really like my G30 S. The finger grooves line up perfectly for me. Recoil as others mention is manageable though noticeably more than shooting the full size G21. I like to carry this OWB with a JM custom kydex holster. It does help having 2 belt loops to speared the weight out. I*d also recommend a good quality belt to carry this as it will be a good bit heavier than your 365.

(Bucks County)

I really like my G30 S. The finger grooves line up perfectly for me. Recoil as others mention is manageable though noticeably more than shooting the full size G21. I like to carry this OWB with a JM custom kydex holster. It does help having 2 belt loops to speared the weight out. I’d also recommend a good quality belt to carry this as it will be a good bit heavier than your 365.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    I own, carry and am very happy with my M&P Shield .45

For EDC I value slimness greatly, and it's good on that count. I have the extended mag which gives 7+1 IIRC. More rounds would mean double-stack/thicker which doesn't work for me.

I believe it's <4" barrel, but I've not found the kick too bad.
    I'd second what KC said. I purchased mine new back in June 2020 for $375 with night sights. I think they are still reasonably priced and saw them on GB in the $425 to 490 price range. In my case there was one thing that was problematic which was the mag flies out of that gun and for me my fat fingers kept hitting the mag release button when shooting fast or double tap. The good news is you can drop in a bigger Hyve mag release button to fix the issue. Good luck!

(Susquehanna County)

Thanks everyone for your insight! It has been very helpful! I have done as much on line research as I can do on these guns. The next step is handling a few of the above mentioned guns and determining which will be best for me. I won’t know what to buy until I have it in my hand. What looks easy to conceal on line may actually be bulky and uncomfortable. Oh yeah, I should probably save some money too.
    Thanks again

(York County)

Take a look the HK45 compact, it's a great gun.

(Susquehanna County)

Just an update. I purchased the Springfield XDM Elite and I really like it. Planning to put a Holosun sight on it soon as my eyes aren’t what they used to be.

(Lancaster County)

I third what KC said, went shopping the LGS's looking for a Glock 22 to pair with my KelTec Sub2000 and ended up coming home with a used M&P 2.0 Shield 45 compact with the Crimson Trace LG485G green lasergrip out the door for $425 with 3 mags. Absolutely love it, very slim and soft shooting and very accurate for a 45 compact. In fact it is more pleasant to shoot than my Ruger LCP which I've since gave to my oldest daughter. No longer need it with this little 45 anymore, and makes a nice New York reload when I seldom pack the FN FNX 45!

And the green laser vs the red ones I have is amazing, at practical pistol ranges it is very visible even in daylight

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast