Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: Which compact 45?

I'll throw the HK45 compact into the mix too. If you're into something about the G30 size with different ergonomics. It's a da/sa gun though.

(Susquehanna County)

HK45 is a great gun, but I’m not interested due to the hammer. But thanks anyway

(Monroe County)

I have an xd in 45acp. It's a 4" barrel one with either 10rd flush mag or 13rd extended mag. I like it a lot but the only thing similar showing on Springfield's website is a low capacity one with the 10 round mag. I find it sucks up the recoil fairly well compared to a 1911. It's a lot less snappy.

My standard G30 sees quite a bit of use in the summer. It's a smaller package, but I can shoot that pistol really well.

(Bucks County)

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ― Edward R. Murrow

I carried a Glock 30S for work for about 3 years. I'm totally comfortable with it, probably because I trained with it and carried it for so long. Never had an issue with it. I put a couple thousand rounds through it, recoil was never an issue. I added some of the aftermarket magazine pinkie extensions and it fits my hand fine. I'm more into small pocket carries now, but I have nothing bad to say about the 30S.

A persons personal preference regarding size, capacity, and other factors surely plays the biggest part in this type of decision.

All I can say is, I have a Glock 21, and a Glock 30s.

But I carry most often my Smith & Wesson Shield 45. It's a little beast, it's slim, I like the rough texture on the grip, and I can shoot it pretty good.

(Susquehanna County)

I guess I won’t be sure of what to get until I go to the shop and handle a few different pistols. But I do like to do my research before going to the shop. It’s good to have your ducks in a row. I currently carry a smaller pistol(about the size of the P365, which I’ll soon be giving to my wife. Once I give her my pistol I will be ready to carry something with a little more knockdown power.

(Cumberland County)

I*ve had the Glock 30 for years. Yes it is a bit blocky and most definitely heavy when loaded. After a bit of use the recoil is not a problem. Gotta say I can really hit with this one, not sure why. For times of high concealment I used a s.o.b. Holster. This spreads the weight across you whole torso and your clothing hangs over better. Just throwing this out there as know one else has, Glock 36. Slimmer, lighter although less capacity. Good luck on the search.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by red dog View Post
    I*ve had the Glock 30 for years. Yes it is a bit blocky and most definitely heavy when loaded. After a bit of use the recoil is not a problem. Gotta say I can really hit with this one, not sure why. For times of high concealment I used a s.o.b. Holster. This spreads the weight across you whole torso and your clothing hangs over better. Just throwing this out there as know one else has, Glock 36. Slimmer, lighter although less capacity. Good luck on the search.
    Thanks red dog! Very helpful!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast