Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default How easy it is...to screw up

Been carrying since 1961. Been EDCing a teenie P3AT in the right front pocket for 12 years(?). Your mileage may vary, but I am basically unmindful of being armed most all the time.

We were invited for a family get-together across the river in PRNJ. Been a couple of years since went there.

We crossed the bridge, stopped at the main PRNJ highway traffic light, when I realized that I had been magically changed into a rotten kid-shooting felon like a sorcerer had waved a wand at me.

Then I realized I had them all by the gonads. When you are in the mid-eighties with life-shortening medical conditions, their crazy prison sentences engenders less fear.

Stayed a few hours in no man's land and returned to the thinning safety of Pennsylvania, and the gun had not harmed a soul.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: How easy it is...to screw up

I'm calling BS and checking CNN for a mass shooting in NJ.

(York County)

I've not once, but TWICE fucked up across state lines: Had my EDC and drove to BWI airport.

In both cases, realized the "oops" while at the airport. Nervous as a kitten driving home until I hit PA state line both times.

Thankfully, no problems.
    DGAF

(Delaware County)

I had to head into NJ to Hamilton station and take a train to NY city for the day...but forgot I was carrying while en route to the train station. Once I got on the train and had to "adjust" myself, did it dawn on me I was still carrying. I did a quick look around to see if anyone had noticed...nothing.

While walking to our office, which was across the street from the Empire State building, I happen to come across three SWAT guys sitting next to their command truck. I was nervous, but not...if that makes sense. Said a quick hi to the three and proceeded to cross the street to our office...when out of nowhere, nothing happened...

I carried during my two meetings with clients, one of who was a gun enthusiast...showed him my gun and we both got a good laugh about it.

Had no issues walking back to Penn station, riding train back to Hamilton or driving back to PA.

I don't do this for the most part, but have on occasion done it a few more times in DE and other States with no reciprocity.

Yup, it's happened to me too on more than one occasion.

I used to take mine there every time I played golf.

(Chester County)

Stunning!

Similarly, many CC in establishments with no firearms policies, (i.e., stores, restaurants, bars).

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Stunning!

Similarly, many CC in establishments with no firearms policies, (i.e., stores, restaurants, bars).
    Not the same at all. In PA if you carry in a place with a no CC sign all they can do is ask you to leave. If you don't they can charge you with trespassing (a misdemeanor) but that is it. Federal buildings in Pa are a different story. No carrying by the Feds law.

If you carry in NJ and they catch you it is a mandatory 3 year prison term. While I have heard of a few people not actually going to jail I wouldn't count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Been carrying since 1961. Been EDCing a teenie P3AT in the right front pocket for 12 years(?).
    Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    I'm calling BS and checking CNN for a mass shooting in NJ.

LOL P3AT and mass shooting, that's hysterical!

I carry one of these every day and it's just enough to get you out of trouble. BTW Bang mine has made plenty of trips east of the wall, along with some other stuff. Since I sold our place there is no reason to travel that far east.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Not the same at all. In PA if you carry in a place with a no CC sign all they can do is ask you to leave. If you don't they can charge you with trespassing (a misdemeanor) but that is it. Federal buildings in Pa are a different story. No carrying by the Feds law.

If you carry in NJ and they catch you it is a mandatory 3 year prison term. While I have heard of a few people not actually going to jail I wouldn't count on it.
    I respect that you obey signs, but my point was that NO ONE knows you are CCg.

So, actually neither stunning, nor brave.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast