Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: How easy it is...to screw up

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Unless the older POOFA members here decide to start raping, robbing, murdering, sexual molesting children, etc while unexpectedly carrying into NJ, I think they will avoid this list.
    Most people envision spending their twilight years somewhere sunny and warm. But these 20 people are living out their dying days behind bars in New Jersey state prisons. Among them are child-sex predators, cold blooded killers - and even an alleged crime boss.
    To the New Jersey communists you are worse than these people because you are exercising your Constitutional rights.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    The woke crowd thinks that carrying a gun illegally is worse than being a Minor-Attracted Person.

And robbery is not "violence", just a property crime, while our speech is violence, and owning a gun is probably violence.

The point being that the last few years have taught everyone who has been paying attention, that the woke are abusing the criminal justice system to spread their diseased cult in every state or county or town where they control the system. They just convicted a woman cop like she killed a shopkeeper during a robbery, when she was trying to restrain a serial predator who was driving off with a cop in his window.

They can and will put senior citizens in jail for serious crimes. They think that your gun should be illegal and they'll prosecute for any mistakes. They will HAPPILY put law-abiding citizens in jail who thought their PA LTCF allowed them to carry into NJ. They'll prosecute people who are protected by the interstate travel provisions of FOPA.

Don't think that your AARP card is a get out of jail free card
    Yet none of those seniors listed in the article were jailed for simply mistakenly carrying into New Jersey.

While trying to find some actual statistics on firearm possession arrests and prosecution, so far I have only read some articles by a New Jersey lawyer, who while not diminishing the seriousness of being charged with illegal possession in NJ, the gist is that there is a big difference from someone straying over the state line who has a clean record, LTCF from their home state and not on a mission to pillage a town in New Jersey, as compared to a garden variety gang banger in Camden or Newark.

While I don*t recommend any Poofers testing the waters and trying this themselves, I would like to see actual statistics of charging and incarceration, instead of emotional reaction to the PRNJ.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    The woke crowd thinks that carrying a gun illegally is worse than being a Minor-Attracted Person.

And robbery is not "violence", just a property crime, while our speech is violence, and owning a gun is probably violence.

The point being that the last few years have taught everyone who has been paying attention, that the woke are abusing the criminal justice system to spread their diseased cult in every state or county or town where they control the system. They just convicted a woman cop like she killed a shopkeeper during a robbery, when she was trying to restrain a serial predator who was driving off with a cop in his window.

They can and will put senior citizens in jail for serious crimes. They think that your gun should be illegal and they'll prosecute for any mistakes. They will HAPPILY put law-abiding citizens in jail who thought their PA LTCF allowed them to carry into NJ. They'll prosecute people who are protected by the interstate travel provisions of FOPA.

Don't think that your AARP card is a get out of jail free card
    Yet none of those seniors listed in the article were jailed for simply mistakenly carrying into New Jersey.

While trying to find some actual statistics on firearm possession arrests and prosecution, so far I have only read some articles by a New Jersey lawyer, who while not diminishing the seriousness of being charged with illegal possession in NJ, the gist is that there is a big difference from someone straying over the state line who has a clean record, LTCF from their home state and not on a mission to pillage a town in New Jersey, as compared to a garden variety gang banger in Camden or Newark.

While I don’t recommend any Poofers testing the waters and trying this themselves, I would like to see actual statistics of charging and incarceration, instead of emotional reaction to the PRNJ.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Been carrying since 1961. Been EDCing a teenie P3AT in the right front pocket for 12 years(?). Your mileage may vary, but I am basically unmindful of being armed most all the time.

We were invited for a family get-together across the river in PRNJ. Been a couple of years since went there.

We crossed the bridge, stopped at the main PRNJ highway traffic light, when I realized that I had been magically changed into a rotten kid-shooting felon like a sorcerer had waved a wand at me.

Then I realized I had them all by the gonads. When you are in the mid-eighties with life-shortening medical conditions, their crazy prison sentences engenders less fear.

Stayed a few hours in no man's land and returned to the thinning safety of Pennsylvania, and the gun had not harmed a soul.
    I've done the same thing twice in Maryland, one time was uneventful, one time I went to jail.
    The Hostler

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post

While I don*t recommend any Poofers testing the waters and trying this themselves, I would like to see actual statistics of charging and incarceration, instead of emotional reaction to the PRNJ.
    The most recent case that I recall, was a PA woman, law-abiding, had an LTCF, and she was arrested and charged and would likely have been prosecuted had the governor not intervened.

I'm not rolling those dice, hoping that a Dem politician will try to help me.

Here: https://www.foxnews.com/us/honest-mi...-on-gun-charge
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

It could be a real problem if you were to use it.

Rick

Longneck (Formerly Northern Lancaster County), Delaware

I’ve probably mentioned this before but, until joining poofa, for years I was under the impression that my LTCF was honored in any other state, just like a driver’s license.

Before I knew any different, I’ve carried in NJ, DE, and MD. And a few times, when going to DC to do research in the National Archives, I carried, but did leave my firearm in my car before entering the Archives. After joining this site, it gave me the heebie jeebies to think about what could have happened.

I think when you get your LTCF issued, something should accompany it listing the do’s and don’ts regarding other states. Because, without a site such as this, many/most people “just don’t know”.

(Allegheny County)

^^

I just don't understand how that can be the case (not calling you a liar). I mean, even the MOST BASIC casual reading on the topic would reveal this.

Of course...one way around it would be to require a training class, or a licensing exam, which would cover this information. But of course, nobody would stand for that. Even if you got all of the answers with the exam, and just had to transfer them over to the test sheet, people would still bitch about it.

That said...I don't find "I didn't know" to be a compelling defense here. If you're gonna carry a gun, I think you have an obligation to find out, before you fuck around.

Longneck (Formerly Northern Lancaster County), Delaware

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    ^^

I just don't understand how that can be the case (not calling you a liar). I mean, even the MOST BASIC casual reading on the topic would reveal this.

Of course...one way around it would be to require a training class, or a licensing exam, which would cover this information. But of course, nobody would stand for that. Even if you got all of the answers with the exam, and just had to transfer them over to the test sheet, people would still bitch about it.

That said...I don't find "I didn't know" to be a compelling defense here. If you're gonna carry a gun, I think you have an obligation to find out, before you fuck around.
    I assume you are directing this at my post? However, this was long before, or just as, the internet was entering everyone’s lives. Prior to the “net” there were not many sources to learn. I agree that someone SHOULD know, but again, not everyone is up on the laws like the people on here. But isn’t it just logic (although, as we know, it doesn’t apply to gun laws) that an LTCF or CCW or whatever any state calls it would be the same as a driver’s license?

But even now, not everyone is constantly on the internet like all of us addicts. That is why I said that something regarding carry in other states should accompany the LTCF. It could save some people a lot of grief.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast