Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Colt New Agent Sights?

Hey i am curious i was reading an article about the colt new agent the sight are just a trench?

does anyone know how well this works?

just curious it looks cool but just wanted a little input form the "experts"

Default Re: Colt New Agent Sights?

The "trench" on the topstrap forms the rear sight. There is also a front sight. Nothing unusual here.

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZ View Post
    The "trench" on the topstrap forms the rear sight. There is also a front sight. Nothing unusual here.
    Sounds like all the cowboy guns I have. Groove on the top strap, front blade site. Even my Taurus 606 357 has that.

(Westmoreland County)

no there is no front blade my vaquero has a trench and a blade this is just a trench there is nothing on the front like other combat sight its just a trench!

(Montgomery County)

You are absolutely correct. No sight at all, trench only. I own a Colt New Agent and it does take some getting used to but you must remember that this is a .45 caliber semi with a 3" barrel. It conceals very well but it's purpose is close range protection which I understand is where most gun conflicts occur. It's great for 7-10 yards but this is NOT a target pistol. Hope this helps.

(Westmoreland County)

yeah i think its an incredible looking little gun at say seven yards though do you think its a good defense gun?

hte other question i have is what kind of sight picture do you use just curious?

(Montgomery County)

Actually, you're supposed to sight down the barrel and put your target center at the bottom of the trench. When aiming correctly, the bullet goes exactly where it is aimed. The problem that I have with it is that if you need the gun in any type of low light situation, forget it. It's impossible to tell if you're holding the gun straight in line with your eye sight. I don't know if I'm explaining this correctly or not but in low light, in a conflict situation the gun can actually be pointing high with what 'appears' to be a proper sight along the trench. I've always accepted that in this type of situation, this gun became a 'point and shoot' weapon. I do carry it because it's so easy to hide and draw quickly but my primary weapon has become my Springfield stainless loaded with a 5" barrel. I carry it in a IWB left hand holster in my back on the right side and it actually conceals perfectly. The New Agent is carried as my backup, usually in a shoulder holster. After the holidays, I plan to purchase an STI slide in stainless for it with low profile sights for it. Once I do that, it may become my primary carry weapon or maybe not. My Springfield(s) (I have two) are such sweet shooters that I don't know if I can stop carrying them and still feel as safe as I do now.