Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Police officer discretion

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I didn't know what the guy's gig was but I knew it was bizarre and I wasn't playing along.
    free swallowed the lure.

(Blair County)

may be this is the real reason for the body cams . you would not hear of when the cops looked the other way .

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    free swallowed the lure.
    Free is bored and does not feel well.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Still active. Some of my thoughts. Remember I am in Philadelphia with Larry Krasner and record high violence and murder.

The only way I could think of giving someone discretion or a break without an LTCF is if they were stopped coming from a range or a gun store and they didn*t go straight home as per the law. Only other possibility is their LTCF is expired within 6 months.

Many people are given a break when their firearm is stolen from their auto*s center console or glovebox and they don*t have a LTCF and their reason for having it there was because they did t want to bring it into their house.

If someone is criminally or mentally prohibited all bets are off. Get that straightened out before carrying. I hate when people say to me *don*t do this to me.* You did it to yourself.

Now small town cops, where they personally know some or all of their residents, it may be a different story.

Shall not be infringed. You are an oathbreaker.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by DMG View Post
    Shall not be infringed. You are an oathbreaker.
    Why, because I enforce the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania*s Crime Code.

I can pretty much guarantee you that anyone I have ever arrested for VUFA was also charged with an assault, robbery, murder or other charge.

Does committing or having committed any of those acts infringe upon their right to bear arms ?

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Why, because I enforce the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania*s Crime Code.

I can pretty much guarantee you that anyone I have ever arrested for VUFA was also charged with an assault, robbery, murder or other charge.

Does committing or having committed any of those acts infringe upon their right to bear arms ?
    I grant you that, but…

Federal prohibition prevents anyone from possessing a firearm if they have a medical marijuana card. That person is deprived of their right to carry or (or even possess) without due process.

The same can be said for someone who has a 302 in PA. Federal courts determined the lack of due process prevents PA 302 from prohibiting firearm rights at the federal level. Somehow PA just ignores this ruling. I’ve heard of people having to spend upwards of $20,000 in court and lawyer fees.

Then there’s also the concept of red flag laws and confiscation of firearms from people before due process

Could you give your opinion on those three?

(Bucks County)

Due process? DUE PROCESS??? Read the 2nd amendment and then reconcile...define... your version of due process, please.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSmith33 View Post
    Federal prohibition prevents anyone from possessing a firearm if they have a medical marijuana card. That person is deprived of their right to carry or (or even possess) without due process.
    Obtaining a pot card is entirely voluntary. There is a process for it too. That's your due process. If you choose to prioritize getting high over carrying a gun, that's your business.

(Bucks County)

Passing any way of legally using pot is ripe with effects. For instance, there is argument over the present scale of inebriation when tested for driving under its influence. Some say too tight, some say too loose. Question is, will science, politician, or court findings eventually arrive at a reasonable acceptable scale.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Back in the day they would give you a ride home if they pulled you over for driving impaired.
    What day? That's a myth from the 1930's. A friend of mine's Father got arrested back in the late 1960's and went to jail for drunk driving. The car was towed and he had to pay to get it released. I remember it because he was coming from the old Brandywine Horse track. Friend's Mom let him sit in jail overnight because he told her he wasn't going to the track anymore and she was fuming. It was in 1980 or 81 that the new MADD laws were enacted and there was no driving you home and dropping off no matter where you live.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast