Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Police officer discretion

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    The ONE time I was pulled over in college - the cop (who was HOT by the way) freely admitted (when asked) that the reason she pulled me over was that it was 3AM when we were driving around. Talk about illegal stops.

We were sent upon our way with no tickets and no warnings....however, had the cop been on top of her game, she would have determined that I was engaged in certain activities (that will go unmentioned) that she could have arrested me for and sent me the jail for a long, long time, thereby ruining my life.

I've always wondered though if the charges would have been successfully appealed purely on the basis that the stop was illegal - or if she would have come up with a totally false but valid excuse for pulling me over, rather than admitting the stop was illegal.

Either way - I'm glad I got away with it. That's all I'm going to say - other than leaving this very apropos clue. Had Miss Hottie Cop connected THESE dots - that would have been it for me.

Attachment 153199
    You had $640M worth of bearer bonds in the trunk?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    The ONE time I was pulled over in college - the cop (who was HOT by the way) freely admitted (when asked) that the reason she pulled me over was that it was 3AM when we were driving around. Talk about illegal stops.

We were sent upon our way with no tickets and no warnings....however, had the cop been on top of her game, she would have determined that I was engaged in certain activities (that will go unmentioned) that she could have arrested me for and sent me the jail for a long, long time, thereby ruining my life.

I've always wondered though if the charges would have been successfully appealed purely on the basis that the stop was illegal - or if she would have come up with a totally false but valid excuse for pulling me over, rather than admitting the stop was illegal.

Either way - I'm glad I got away with it. That's all I'm going to say - other than leaving this very apropos clue. Had Miss Hottie Cop connected THESE dots - that would have been it for me.

Attachment 153199
    LOL. I got nothing better than 'stolen bearer bonds'.

Pulled over for speeding this summer. Legit (though also BS as I was 5 over running with traffic). Got off with a warning after showing my 'papers' were all in order. Middle of the day, not even sure why we got 'picked out' of the pack other than driving Cherry-Red Tesla X (my brother's car) and maybe cop just wanted a look?

I happened to be driving. We were going through Ohio on our way to the family farm for annual shooting party. So we had an absolute arsenal in the trunk. Multiple pistols, rifles - most of the 'black and scary' variety, a legally-owned full-auto rifle, multi-thousand rounds of ammo and various other related stuff. So much that our actual luggage was in the back seat due to the trunk being full of guns and ammo.

We were perfectly-legal in Ohio. Not only LTCF reciprocity BUT everything was properly separated / rigged for FOPA.

OTOH Two guys in a car with a trunk looking like we were set up for... well... assaulting Nakatomi Plaza.

Like you, I always wonder what woulda happened if that cop popped the trunk.
    DGAF

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    You had $640M worth of bearer bonds in the trunk?
    I really prefer not to add any more detail. But I'll tell you the story next time we meet (;

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910