Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Has "Arms Unlimited" always sucked, or is it just me?

Placed a small order with Arms Unlimited (under $100) on 12/10. Got a "shipped" notice claiming they shipped on 12/12. Tracking number (still) says the USPS is waiting, a tracking number was created but nothing physical happened.

I sent an inquiry on 12/21, they blamed their warehouse move: "Unfortunately, we were experiencing a delay in shipping due to our Warehouse being in the middle of a move. The label was created for the Warehouse to pack your order but it has not been picked up by USPS. The order should be going out either today or tomorrow, and you will see movement on the tracking. Please let us know if you need anything else."

Not sure what kind of dumpster fire organization needs to create a 3rd-party USPS shipping label to get a box packed in their own warehouse, but whatever. And sending me an email on 12/12 claiming it shipped, is just a lie.

Unsurprisingly, they did NOT finally ship on 12/21, or the next. As of 5 minutes ago (12/23), zero change in the tracking data, still not at the USPS.

I sent them another email this AM, telling them that I'm cancelling for non-performance. Their response: "The order has been shipped out already and the tracking should be getting updated soon. If you do not want the order, you can ship it back to us once you receive it."

I've got a project waiting for this stuff. I ordered some parts from Numrich on the 10th, received it, liked it, placed a second order, got that, too. Two orders placed and received, in the time that Arms Unlimited is sitting on mine.

I'm not outraged, just annoyed about being lied to, so I'm sharing my experience with this seller on a site with 80,000 gun-owning members and several times that in lurkers.

Usually, you see these tricks claiming to have "shipped" when all they did was "create a shipping number", from small eBay sellers working out of their garages. Sometimes it translates into them not ordering wholesale stock until they make the retail sale. Sometimes they just are inept and disorganized. Either way, if I cancel an order that they forgot to ship after 13 days, they need to respect that cancellation. I'm not paying a restocking fee, or for shipping back to them, if they didn't ship until after I cancelled the order. Plus, I can't order from someone reputable while I'm waiting to see if this parcel ever shows.

Your thoughts?
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Butler County)

Default Re: Has "Arms Unlimited" always sucked, or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Placed a small order with Arms Unlimited (under $100) on 12/10. Got a "shipped" notice claiming they shipped on 12/12. Tracking number (still) says the USPS is waiting, a tracking number was created but nothing physical happened.

I sent an inquiry on 12/21, they blamed their warehouse move: "Unfortunately, we were experiencing a delay in shipping due to our Warehouse being in the middle of a move. The label was created for the Warehouse to pack your order but it has not been picked up by USPS. The order should be going out either today or tomorrow, and you will see movement on the tracking. Please let us know if you need anything else."

Not sure what kind of dumpster fire organization needs to create a 3rd-party USPS shipping label to get a box packed in their own warehouse, but whatever. And sending me an email on 12/12 claiming it shipped, is just a lie.

Unsurprisingly, they did NOT finally ship on 12/21, or the next. As of 5 minutes ago (12/23), zero change in the tracking data, still not at the USPS.

I sent them another email this AM, telling them that I'm cancelling for non-performance. Their response: "The order has been shipped out already and the tracking should be getting updated soon. If you do not want the order, you can ship it back to us once you receive it."

I've got a project waiting for this stuff. I ordered some parts from Numrich on the 10th, received it, liked it, placed a second order, got that, too. Two orders placed and received, in the time that Arms Unlimited is sitting on mine.

I'm not outraged, just annoyed about being lied to, so I'm sharing my experience with this seller on a site with 80,000 gun-owning members and several times that in lurkers.

Usually, you see these tricks claiming to have "shipped" when all they did was "create a shipping number", from small eBay sellers working out of their garages. Sometimes it translates into them not ordering wholesale stock until they make the retail sale. Sometimes they just are inept and disorganized. Either way, if I cancel an order that they forgot to ship after 13 days, they need to respect that cancellation. I'm not paying a restocking fee, or for shipping back to them, if they didn't ship until after I cancelled the order. Plus, I can't order from someone reputable while I'm waiting to see if this parcel ever shows.

Your thoughts?
    I've never heard of the place, but after that much time and that horrible response, I'd call my CC company, flag the charge as fraudulent and tell the shop to suck it.
    -Brandon

never used them

i would probably give them the benefit of the doubt if their customer service person was very contrite but if not then screw them. between usps problems and people stealing packages the last thing you need is for the seller themselves to add more unnecessary chaos. there are plenty of other places to patronize
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Bucks County)

Also never used them. But I dont have any guns or gun related stuff

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by McSull View Post
    Hmmm...
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by McSull View Post
    -Brandon

(Allegheny County)

Hodgie has purchased from them at least a few times.
    I think he had good experiences - both of us would routinely post stuff from their site in the Deals thread.
    I had always wanted to order their magazine bandoliers because they are a great deal at $20, but never got around to it.
    Your experience won't prevent me from ordering. Stuff happens.

That said, if it happened to ME, I would likely "erase" them from my mental list of places to look for items the way I mostly did with Midway over their "Birthday Pricing" scam.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    Boating accident, most likely.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    Boating accident, most likely.
    The regatta we all had that year was incredible until it's tragic, watery ending
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gummy jones View Post
    The regatta we all had that year was incredible until it's tragic, watery ending
    Rugertania. Went down after hitting an iceberg off the coast of Florida, summer of 2018.
    Last edited by McSull; December 24th, 2021 at 11:13 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast