Placed a small order with Arms Unlimited (under $100) on 12/10. Got a "shipped" notice claiming they shipped on 12/12. Tracking number (still) says the USPS is waiting, a tracking number was created but nothing physical happened.

I sent an inquiry on 12/21, they blamed their warehouse move: "Unfortunately, we were experiencing a delay in shipping due to our Warehouse being in the middle of a move. The label was created for the Warehouse to pack your order but it has not been picked up by USPS. The order should be going out either today or tomorrow, and you will see movement on the tracking. Please let us know if you need anything else."

Not sure what kind of dumpster fire organization needs to create a 3rd-party USPS shipping label to get a box packed in their own warehouse, but whatever. And sending me an email on 12/12 claiming it shipped, is just a lie.

Unsurprisingly, they did NOT finally ship on 12/21, or the next. As of 5 minutes ago (12/23), zero change in the tracking data, still not at the USPS.

I sent them another email this AM, telling them that I'm cancelling for non-performance. Their response: "The order has been shipped out already and the tracking should be getting updated soon. If you do not want the order, you can ship it back to us once you receive it."

I've got a project waiting for this stuff. I ordered some parts from Numrich on the 10th, received it, liked it, placed a second order, got that, too. Two orders placed and received, in the time that Arms Unlimited is sitting on mine.

I'm not outraged, just annoyed about being lied to, so I'm sharing my experience with this seller on a site with 80,000 gun-owning members and several times that in lurkers.

Usually, you see these tricks claiming to have "shipped" when all they did was "create a shipping number", from small eBay sellers working out of their garages. Sometimes it translates into them not ordering wholesale stock until they make the retail sale. Sometimes they just are inept and disorganized. Either way, if I cancel an order that they forgot to ship after 13 days, they need to respect that cancellation. I'm not paying a restocking fee, or for shipping back to them, if they didn't ship until after I cancelled the order. Plus, I can't order from someone reputable while I'm waiting to see if this parcel ever shows.

Your thoughts?