Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I didn't know you had a gun!!!

Once again I am prowling about the Lehigh Valley, this time in the company of Mrs. Plinker. We had just packed off our little Plinkette with Grandma and Grandpa for a two day field trip, and the Mrs. wanted to go into town for lunch and a trip to look at stuff for the house at Home Depot.

We went to Friendly's for lunch. They are not known for being speedy, but we were not in a rush, and Mrs. Plinker likes their ice cream. We had a very attentive and courteous waiter take care of us. At the end of the meal, we were heading to the cash register, where the manager, our waiter, and a waitress were all standing talking. As we got close, our waiters eyes bulged right out of his head. Sort of like this - Then he said,

"I didn't know you had a gun!"

"Yeah, and I didn't even have to shoot you to get good service."

(everyone laughs)

"Are you a cop or something?"

"Nope, I'm just a private citizen exercising my rights."

"That's so cool!" (or words to that effect) "I just turned 21 and now that I am old enough, I want to go out and buy myself a gun!"

At that point the waitress mentioned a relative of hers that carried all over the place too, openly I think. I asked her if he posted here on the board, and she said he didn't do computers. Our waiter went on to talk about taking classes so he would know how to handle his gun he was going to buy, and the waitress talked about hunting on their property. The manager didn't say anything, but was outwardly relaxed during the whole conversation. The whole time I was thinking of knighthawk06699 and the people he and stinkymcdoober ran into when they were out. I gave them the only flier I had with me and pointed out the URL for the site. Hopefully one or both of them will show up here to check the place out.

As we were just getting ready to leave, he asked me in a low voice what I thought of the elections. Apparently not all of us conservatives are fossilized old goats.

Home Depot was crammed with people. We were in there for about 45 minutes picking stuff out. No one bothered me at all.

Default Re: I didn't know you had a gun!!!

I'm almost ashamed that I don't get to educate people like you do....

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    Once again I am prowling about the Lehigh Valley, this time in the company of Mrs. Plinker. We had just packed off our little Plinkette with Grandma and Grandpa for a two day field trip, and the Mrs. wanted to go into town for lunch and a trip to look at stuff for the house at Home Depot.

We went to Friendly's for lunch. They are not known for being speedy, but we were not in a rush, and Mrs. Plinker likes their ice cream. We had a very attentive and courteous waiter take care of us. At the end of the meal, we were heading to the cash register, where the manager, our waiter, and a waitress were all standing talking. As we got close, our waiters eyes bulged right out of his head. Sort of like this - Then he said,

"I didn't know you had a gun!"

"Yeah, and I didn't even have to shoot you to get good service."

(everyone laughs)

"Are you a cop or something?"

"Nope, I'm just a private citizen exercising my rights."

"That's so cool!" (or words to that effect) "I just turned 21 and now that I am old enough, I want to go out and buy myself a gun!"

At that point the waitress mentioned a relative of hers that carried all over the place too, openly I think. I asked her if he posted here on the board, and she said he didn't do computers. Our waiter went on to talk about taking classes so he would know how to handle his gun he was going to buy, and the waitress talked about hunting on their property. The manager didn't say anything, but was outwardly relaxed during the whole conversation. The whole time I was thinking of knighthawk06699 and the people he and stinkymcdoober ran into when they were out. I gave them the only flier I had with me and pointed out the URL for the site. Hopefully one or both of them will show up here to check the place out.

As we were just getting ready to leave, he asked me in a low voice what I thought of the elections. Apparently not all of us conservatives are fossilized old goats.

Home Depot was crammed with people. We were in there for about 45 minutes picking stuff out. No one bothered me at all.
    Fantastic encounter. I am honored that you would relate to me, truly honored. See we OC'ers are not the devil. I love these positive encounters while OCing. Seems to me to be getting a lot more of them as of late!!!!

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

Quote Originally Posted by knighthawk06699 View Post
    .... I love these positive encounters while OCing. Seems to me to be getting a lot more of them as of late!!!!
    That's because Bill likes to eat. Come to think of it..........so do I.

(Lehigh County)

Pennsy, have most of your "encounters" in the Lehigh Valley been positive with OC?

Quote Originally Posted by jizmo3 View Post
    Pennsy, have most of your "encounters" in the Lehigh Valley been positive with OC?
    Actually, they have all been positive. I have had one negative, or at least one that started out negative, and that was CC to the courthouse where I got screamed at first by a deputy and then by the sheriff himself. But even that one turned out to be a positive event! I was told in a PM by one of the members here that I seem to lead a charmed life when it comes to OC. I don't know about that, but I do try to be prepared for the time when a negative event develops.

I think about possible scenarios ahead of time - what might happen, how I will respond, etc. I try to make sure I have fliers and cards with me. The fliers are downloadable, but the cards - well, you have to know someone. I am fully prepared to be abused, arrested, or whatever if the time comes. I am not looking forward to that, but I have discussed it with Mrs. Plinker a number of times, as well as with our one daughter who still lives at home. It is important that everyone in the family be prepared and be supportive. But so far, I have not had need for that. I hope it continues that way for a good long time, but the odds dictate that eventually I am going to run into a bad situation. Hopefully when I do, I will be adequately prepared.

ETA: Jizmo3, I should add that I have encountered police, or walked into situations where police were present a number of times. I do not try to be confrontational, but neither do I avoid situations where there are cops about. If you search on my posts, you will see a number of OC episodes where I entered into situations where LEO interaction was very possible.
    Last edited by PennsyPlinker; November 8th, 2008 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    I'm almost ashamed that I don't get to educate people like you do....
    You need to eat more Jim!

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    You need to eat more Jim!
    Yeah, you and mikey are way ahead of my curve..........

(York County)

You are like the OC poster child.
    +1 to you.
    RIP -The US constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    Yeah, you and mikey are way ahead of my curve..........
    We can get you caught up in no time, Jim.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast