Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Phila to Maine with Firearms

Quote Originally Posted by bravo30 View Post
    How did we get to a point where we’re relying more on luck than our nations constitution? 🤡🙄🤣
    Traveling music.

(Bucks County)

I went from Bucks County to NH last year. It's really a non-issue. Follow the transportation laws. Keep firearms locked up and out of reach and you'll be fine. Don't get all hung up on ammo and whatnot. I ended up going through NJ and then 287 to NY and went up that way to the Mass Turnpike to avoid NYC and Conn. If you want to avoid Jersey then look at 476 > 84. Up to you how much time you want to spend avoiding NJ.

Best advice: follow the transportation laws and don't do anything to get pulled over. Stick with the flow of traffic. And if you are pulled over, don't say a fucking word!
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

Last time I checked the NY state police website stated it is legal to travel through the state with a handgun according to Federal law. They also say they will arrest you anyway and you can use this as your defense in court.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    I went from Bucks County to NH last year. It's really a non-issue. Follow the transportation laws. Keep firearms locked up and out of reach and you'll be fine. Don't get all hung up on ammo and whatnot. I ended up going through NJ and then 287 to NY and went up that way to the Mass Turnpike to avoid NYC and Conn. If you want to avoid Jersey then look at 476 > 84. Up to you how much time you want to spend avoiding NJ.

Best advice: follow the transportation laws and don't do anything to get pulled over. Stick with the flow of traffic. And if you are pulled over, don't say a fucking word!
    AKA it's a non-issue if you don't get caught...
    DGAF

If you want a nice layover for the night stop in Portsmouth, NH on your way. It's right outside the Maine border and they have some killer clam chowder and sights to see in their historic district. For Acadia National Park you now need to get reservations in advance so be sure to do that if you plan to go there. We went up about 5 years ago and it's absolutely amazing, you'll have a great trip. I'd say checkout Thurstons Lobster house but they may be closed for the season.

As for firearms that's the only thing that sucks is there's a lot of no man land between PA in Maine. Anyway you slice it you're going to need to go through NY or MA and both aren't 2A friendly.

(Bucks County)

Last time I checked the NY state police website stated it is legal to travel through the state with a handgun according to Federal law. They also say they will arrest you anyway and you can use this as your defense in court.
    I do not understand the "may use as a defense" part of the statute(s). Does that mean the judge will be constrained and must dismiss with prejudice? Nice of the legislators to provide an allowance to defend oneself, with the 2nd Amendment clearly in mind.

Seems arresting, knowing the judge must dismiss (?) amounts to official oppression, malfeasance, malicious prosecution via gonna arrest anyway. Can someone clear this up?
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Bucks County)

There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123