Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default ATF launching eform option for Form 4

Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Berks County)

Default Re: eForms Update: ATF eForms Launch Imminent (Interesting)

Will Form 4 efile be available for everyone to use, like for a private sale of a suppressor?

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    Will Form 4 efile be available for everyone to use, like for a private sale of a suppressor?
    That*s an excellent question. My guess would be yes, but only for in-state transfers.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Montgomery County)

I found somewhere that the ATF goal is that by 2023 the wait time for a form 4 via eforms will be 30 days or less. I hope to see it. Eform 1s are right about there, so it is possible. However, the initial rollout I expect to be an absolute cluster fuck. However, it should get better.

If this eform thing does hit their targets, I expect silencers to explode in popularity.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

Default ATF launching eform option for Form 4

Saw the news this weekend, hopefully this will bring Form 4 wait times down to Form 1's. If the wait time is as low I bet this hurts a lot of the solvent trap companies out there:

Would you be more inclined to buy either SBR's or Suppressor's if you only had to wait 30-45 days instead of 9-12+ months?

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: ATF launching eform option for Form 4

It’s going to hurt for me. I love my nfa stuff

Just dissolve the BATFE. Or at least turn them into BATE

(Bradford County)

Quote Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI View Post
    ...at least turn them into BATE
    Isn't jerking us around for fun what they already do?
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

(Centre County)

Don't be surprised if it doesn't pan out like they (ATF) or NFA buyers want it to at first. I suspect, unless they do a completely new system, with the servers, etc. that can handle the input, that it will crash early on and then all those early Form 4's will be in limbo and the ATF won't be able to tell you a thing.

I want to know how they are going to handle the payment, photos, and fingerprints that are required (since they go to different places) and will the FBI be any faster processing the FP's and the BGC (I'm betting NO).

BUT, we will see. I for one will not be the first guinea pig, I'll wait to see what happens.
    Last edited by Xringshooter; December 7th, 2021 at 03:42 PM.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    Don't be surprised if it doesn't pan out like they (ATF) or NFA buyers want it to at first. I suspect, unless they do a completely new system, with the servers, etc. that can handle the input, thatit will crash early on and then all those early Form 4's will be in limbo and the ATF won't be able to tell you a thing.

I want to know how they are going to handle the payment, photos, and fingerprints that are required (since they go to different places) and will the FBI be any faster processing the FP's and the BGC (I'm betting NO).

BUT, we will see. I for one will not be the first guinea pig, I'll wait to see what happens.
    I've done a few Form 1's and payment is done right through their portal. You upload a digital passport photo along with it, the only thing that actually needs sent out is the fingerprint cards. It would be amazing if they added a fingerprint upload where I could just scan and send those digitally too. I'm guessing that's a stretch though.

I'm excited if it does end up being faster, I'm a no wait type person so Form 1's have always been more attractive. If I can get a Form4 in the same timeframe so long doing it myself.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast