Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: LTCF online application for Bucks County

??? No help?
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    ??? No help?
    I would say no being that it's her purse that she technically is in control of. Plus if it's loaded...

Why not just have her renew her LTCF then you don't have too worry about it? She can then carry your BUG, extra mags, etc..
    Last edited by PASE717; December 28th, 2021 at 11:52 AM.
    "If you're not catching flak, you're not over the target"

(Carbon County)

your ltcf expires 5 years from date of issue so if you renew early it will expire early
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Bucks County)

??? No help?
    You know she will get out of the car and it will still be in her purse.

(Philadelphia County)

Bucks County is now asking for two recent utility bills and will not accept your driver's license if it was updated less than 6 months ago. No update cards are accepted and must be actual driver's license bearing address in Bucks County. They also are stating that the references may not live with you or be related to you per their website. I recently moved to Bucks County but my LTCF is expiring soon. I rent and only have a lease to prove residency. These extra requirements are not supported by statute. I expect this in Philadelphia not Bucks.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gbrown221 View Post
    Bucks County is now asking for two recent utility bills and will not accept your driver's license if it was updated less than 6 months ago. No update cards are accepted and must be actual driver's license bearing address in Bucks County. They also are stating that the references may not live with you or be related to you per their website. I recently moved to Bucks County but my LTCF is expiring soon. I rent and only have a lease to prove residency. These extra requirements are not supported by statute. I expect this in Philadelphia not Bucks.
    Did you talk to anyone at the Sheriff's office? The website states:

Identification
    You will need a valid Pennsylvania Driver's License or Identification Card:

We do not accept temporary cards.

If you have moved, you must first change your address with Penn Dot and
    present the yellow address update card.

If you are a first time applicant (bolded mine) and you have a driver's license, identification card or yellow update card that has been issued less than 6 months ago, you will need to provide proof of residency.

Proof of Residency

Previous driver's license or identification card with a Bucks County address or two different utility bills:

Cable
    Electric
    Gas
    House Phone
    Internet
    Lease Agreement
    Mortgage Statement
    Sewer
    Water

I'm not sure what they mean by "first time applicant". First time applying for a license or first time in Bucks. Since you already have a LTCF, you may not need the other proof of residency. Depends on what they mean by first time.

(Bucks County)

Hey guys,

My Montco LTCF is up in June. I moved to Bucks in January. when I apply on the website for my Bucks LTCF do i choose new or renewal? The LTCF is a state rather than a county thing so i'm assuming renewal right?

Sorry, maybe a dumb question

Thanks

Yes, I'm British... But I have good teeth!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos View Post
    Hey guys,

My Montco LTCF is up in June. I moved to Bucks in January. when I apply on the website for my Bucks LTCF do i choose new or renewal? The LTCF is a state rather than a county thing so i'm assuming renewal right?

Sorry, maybe a dumb question

Thanks
    I would put renewal. The dumb question is why they even ask that question. AFAIK they do the same check. Does anyone know if there are any advantages when getting a LTCF approved if you already have one?

(Franklin County)

Here's something that's been bugging me for some time. I have a LTCF, wife's is expired.

If my wife and I are in the car together, and I want to bring a backup handgun, I can have it anywhere in the vehicle. Does that include her handbag? If not, why not.
    Yes, but.....

I believe the situation you describe could fall under exception (b)(13) if she is operating the vehicle, and the vehicle is owned by you or her:
    (13) Any person who is otherwise eligible to possess a firearm under this chapter and who is operating a motor vehicle which is registered in the person's name or the name of a spouse or parent and which contains a firearm for which a valid license has been issued pursuant to section 6109 to the spouse or parent owning the firearm.
    Seems odd that if *you* are the operator, or if you would be together in a vehicle owned by a friend (or a rental?), that the exception wouldn't apply, but the language says what it says.

Also, since the courts have ruled that exceptions should be treated as an affirmative defense, you could find yourself experiencing the machinations of the legal system before (hopefully) being cleared, depending on the dominant political climate where such an incident might happen.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by gbrown221 View Post
    Please contact vfinnell here and make sure he is aware of these specifics. GOA PA Chapter has sent a formal letter to Bradford county for similar illegal requirements (in hopes of avoiding court action), and may well wish to do the same in Bucks county.

https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=385630
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast