Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Pittsburgh Gun Show (Showmasters) 12/4-12/5

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Last two times I was at this show, hand guns were being stolen. Two shows in a row (last two). The one show, the protected class was caught in the act, and was detained at a table. Also, several people reeked of weed....which is odd, IMO. If you can't (and shouldn't) fool with a firearm when under the influence, then why would anyone be permitted into a show who reeked of weed or alcohol? A few members of the protected class reeked of weed--perhaps the show didn't want to deal with repercussions of being labeled raysis.
    Oh they dealt with it! The last few shows the AGs office was there; In Force! There were numerous arrests; many publicized. The word has gotten out that this show, which was being targeted by a criminal element, is being counter-targeted by law enforcement. The result of this has been a marked drop in the attendance of the afore mentioned "protected class". As a firearms dealer I had to worry less about theft and the attempted straw purchases. I only had to handle a couple of possible illicit sales and I heard of no firearms being stolen. As much as we may dislike the current AG himself; if the AGs office is targeting the criminal element therefore deterring criminal behavior I, for one, am all for it.

As for reeking of weed. I'm discovering this is getting more prevalent in society in general as so called medical marijuana use becomes more widespread. As for that sort of issue at a gun show; as a vendor if I notice it, (and I usually do) I just send them on their merry way. Usually with an explanation of why, but sometimes not.

As for this show itself, I concur with Noah on his observations. A surplus of ammo dealers, a plethora of flea market junk, some very good accessory dealers and remarkably few firearms dealers considering the overall size of the show. I can only chalk the lack of firearms dealers to there being two other shows this weekend, hunting season (I know two FFLs who weren't there due to taking deer season off.), health issues, travel and expenses, and for a few, general dislike of this venue for whatever reasons.

(Luzerne County)

So they the weed users are lying on the 4473? Hope the AG knows this is a crime.

(Allegheny County)

FWIW, I saw most 9mm ball ammo (brass) overpriced in the 40 to 60 cent range. The lowest was 35 cents for a 1,000 round case from a Turkish brand I've never heard of: CK9. The vendor selling it has a website with a non-functioning "parked" address. I passed, and noticed that there seemed to be a lot of 9mm ammo that wasn't selling. I suspect most folks are waiting for future price reductions.

(Westmoreland County)

If you are using 9mm as a benchmark; don't expect ammo to come down too much further than about .40-.50 cents a round. Materials and manufacturing costs are up, hence wholesale cost is up, hence retail costs are up. The panic buying is somewhat over and supply IS catching up with demand but as the former sentence states retail pricing can only come down modestly under what it has been the last year or so due to market conditions. Expect the same with other calibers as well as 9mm. Oddly enough soft point hunting ammunition is in short supply just now. Don't expect that market to come back to pre-pandemic/Biden administration levels either.

(Allegheny County)

Well whaddya know, I just got an e-mail from canoe club USA with lower 9mm pricing. For a 1000 rounds - Steel case Tula at $288.50 and Blazer brass at $333.99. These are the lowest prices I've seen post-covid, and a good sign that prices are trending downward. FYI their website is canoeclubusa.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12