Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock trigger

(Lancaster County)

Default Glock trigger

First, thank yous for help on the 48, I passed. I am a sig guy trying some other guns on. Got a glock 19, put in a 3.5 ghost trigger bar. Trigger is better but I hit the range today with a vp9 and shield 2.0 and those 2 triggers were WAY better than the glock. Is there a drop in trigger made that would be comparable? I was surprised how much crisper and even lighter the shield and vp9 were. Not a striker fire gun guy and this glock is why.

(Elk County)

Default Re: Glock trigger

Get a Zev trigger spring and install it in that Glock. It should be better even if it will still be a tad mushy.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Cumberland County)

I would say the only way to get a Glock trigger as good as the others mentioned is to go with the Timney Glock trigger. The only downside is that it's about a 2-3 pound break. If that is too light for your liking add a Glock 8 pound connector and that will bring the trigger weight to about 4-4.5 pounds. Best Glock trigger by far.

(Dauphin County)

An Apex trigger made a world of difference in my 48.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by glocknurse View Post
    I would say the only way to get a Glock trigger as good as the others mentioned is to go with the Timney Glock trigger. The only downside is that it's about a 2-3 pound break. If that is too light for your liking add a Glock 8 pound connector and that will bring the trigger weight to about 4-4.5 pounds. Best Glock trigger by far.
    Very interesting idea... do you still get a defined wall? It's that much better compared to an Apex?

I once tried a 3.5lb connector in a stock Glock and hated it - was a smooth pull all the way through, not takeup + defined wall. Went back to the standard connector.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Very interesting idea... do you still get a defined wall? It's that much better compared to an Apex?

I once tried a 3.5lb connector in a stock Glock and hated it - was a smooth pull all the way through, not takeup + defined wall. Went back to the standard connector.
    You get a very defined wall. I have an Apex in my carry gun and really like it and I'm not changing it but I think the Timney would be considered a better trigger by most people. To me the Apex trigger is like a regular Glock trigger but highly refined and the Timney is something completely different and feels more like a VP9 or PPQ trigger.

I have an Apex trigger.

Depending on how much you're willing to spend, talk to Johnny Glock. He can customize a trigger set for you that will do whatever you want it to do. From reviews, his Evolution combat trigger will get you as close to a 1911 style trigger as you can get in a striker fired system. Other than that, from what I hear Overwatch Precision makes a trigger that is better regarded than most, and the Timney combat trigger is arguably the best on the market. johnnyglocks.com/products/edc-trigger-kit

(Bucks County)

Just out of curiosity, why expend all the time, money, and effort to try to improve the glock trigger, instead of getting a different pistol?

Not a glock hater; I have two g19s with several thousands of rounds, and the triggers are as smooth as they can be without mechanical intervention. I trust their dependability. But I am wary of modifying a stock trigger on a weapon that may be used for self defense.

Eventually I came to terms with the nature of the glock trigger, and learned to grip it like a gorilla and press straight through the mush. Now i can shoot it accurately, but it takes excessive effort and concentration.

But when I want to shoot for pleasure and accuracy, I bring my s&w revolvers and walther ppq for target shooting.

So I ask, with no prejudice, why try to make the glock something it isn’t?

(Lancaster County)

I finally tried this set up and I have to say I like it.
    P01 Shooter, Keep the 3.5 connector in but in place of the standard trigger spring use the olive green NY1 spring. You’ll see it on the web. Just search Glock NY1 trigger. It’s not a trigger just a replacement spring but it’s often misidentified. If you want crisp this combination will get it. Glock has also approved this set up for duty so it’s a win all the way around.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast