Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: LA PD gun thefts and the BS of the "unsafe" list

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I was at that range store when I was in Los Angeles in 2009. I should have seen if they could hook a brother up
    If you wanted to hook up with a brother, you should have gone to San Fransisco.

(Northampton County)

I'm sick of 'laws' that have carve outs for 'special' groups. The law should apply equally to everyone or no one. Don't these kind of carve outs fail the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment?

Stuart

(Chester County)

Who are these boot or lickers that are approving of corruption and criminal action that you speak of? Because stories like these are usually critically condemned by all on here, which they should be.

By the way if you want a really juicy LAPD scandal, look up the shooting death of Biggie Smalls. I have read books by a LAPD Detective that had my head spinning. LAbyrinth: A Detective Investigates the Murders of Tupac Shakur amd Notorious B.I.G by Russell Poole which was made into the movie City of Lies. And a follow up book by Randall Sullivan, DEAD WRONG The continuing story of City of Lies.
    Hell, the LAPD has major scandals going back to the turn of the 20th century. It's inevitable when there's that much power over so many people that there will always be those that will misuse that power for their own gain. It's not just LAPD either it happens wherever there is power and money. This is where the saying "Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.* (John Stuart Mill 1867) Which is a historical warning to upright and law abiding citizens and officials from wise men over the centuries. It's hard to do the right thing though as Frank Serpico and his story illustrates.

Serpico's career as a plainclothes police detective working in Brooklyn and the Bronx to expose vice racketeering was short-lived, however, because he swam against the tide of corruption that engulfed the NYPD during the late sixties and early seventies. Not only did he consistently refuse to take bribes for "looking the other way," he risked his own safety to expose those who did. In 1967 he reported to appropriate officials "credible evidence of widespread, systemic police corruption." It was not until April 1970, however, when the New York Times published an explosive story, that Mayor Lindsay took action and appointed the Knapp Commission to investigate. As a consequence of his testimony before the commission, Serpico was ostracized by his peers and, many believe, ultimately "set up" to be shot during a drug raid in which he was seriously wounded and his fellow officers did not call for assistance.
    https://www.americanswhotellthetruth.../frank-serpico
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    If you wanted to hook up with a brother, you should have gone to San Fransisco.
    Different style of brother.

As Seinfeld would say *Not that there*s anything wrong with that*.

(Juniata County)

There are about 800 firearms on the California approved list.

https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/certified-handguns/search

It*s odd. Only certain generations of Glocks are considered safe, while they are almost identical to other generations which are not approved.

I was at that range store when I was in Los Angeles in 2009. I should have seen if they could hook a brother up
    I *think* older generations were grandfathered in, but newer ones had t
    Meet the new standards & dont.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Bucks County)

Last I heard it was one missing Vietnam era rifle bought from the government and it could not be determined whether it was not shipped in the batch or stolen.
    I heard 15 , and one was found at a gun show ?

(Bucks County)

"...older generations were grandfathered in, but newer ones had to
    meet the new standards & don't". ??

The only standard visible is the desk-flyer who decided what's allowed and what's not is a loyal dim.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Bucks County)

Who are these boot or lickers that are approving of corruption and criminal action that you speak of? Because stories like these are usually critically condemned by all on here, which they should be.

By the way if you want a really juicy LAPD scandal, look up the shooting death of Biggie Smalls. I have read books by a LAPD Detective that had my head spinning. LAbyrinth: A Detective Investigates the Murders of Tupac Shakur amd Notorious B.I.G by Russell Poole which was made into the movie City of Lies. And a follow up book by Randall Sullivan, DEAD WRONG The continuing story of City of Lies.
    Thanks for the reading recommendations!

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    I *think* older generations were grandfathered in, but newer ones had t
    Meet the new standards & dont.
    thought all models on the list are indeed granfathered and any new model must include the microstamping. possibly among other features.
    so any minor change to the model will render it a new model and strike it from the list.

cali is tied for absolute worst shithole we still call part of the country so it isn't worth studying their firearm planned obsolescence measures.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12