Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Philadelphia shootings stats...

History refutes the economics theory. The Great Depression that followed the crash of '29 and nearly lasted until the 2nd world war was fraught with desperate people lacking heat, food, jobs. The only shooters were the gangsters, who ironically were the ones with money, but gangsters nevertheless.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    History refutes the economics theory. The Great Depression that followed the crash of '29 and nearly lasted until the 2nd world war was fraught with desperate people lacking heat, food, jobs. The only shooters were the gangsters, who ironically were the ones with money, but gangsters nevertheless.
    That's a very interesting rebuttal. I suppose the difference is perhaps multi-generational poverty in the modern hood that has been going on for decades whereas the Depression was only 1 generation. Definitely not discounting the fact you mentioned.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Tons of money is thrown at issues in urban areas to no avail. Tons of money is thrown at public schools to no avail. It is not simply about economics. I remember growing up in poor areas that didn*t have violence.

The majority of violence is not occurring because of Covid or the Oaks Gun Show like Mayor Kenney proposes. Nor because people can*t afford to buy food or sneakers.

And since there is near zero prosecution or repercussion all stops have been pulled.
    Kenney is full of shit and won't take responsibility.... He needs to grow a set of balls and force Soros jr out of a job even he was elected..but Kenney loves the power too much.

In the old days at least until the late 90s early 2000s...if there was an issue the areas were saturated with cops, some tactics were a bit heavy handed sonetimes but at least crime went down and criminals got locked up.

Too much violence as some folks don't care about fellow humans....they think they are in a Beanie Seigel movie.

(Bucks County)

Tons of money is thrown at issues in urban areas to no avail. Tons of money is thrown at public schools to no avail. It is not simply about economics. I remember growing up in poor areas that didn*t have violence.

The majority of violence is not occurring because of Covid or the Oaks Gun Show like Mayor Kenney proposes. Nor because people can*t afford to buy food or sneakers.

And since there is near zero prosecution or repercussion all stops have been pulled.
    My wife was born and raised in South Philly. I shared all this and asked why people don't just get pitchforks (metaphorically) and march on Kenney and City Hall.

Her answer is because the white people and the remaining white people would rather move to the burbs than fight the machine.

(Chester County)

Solving this problem begins with families that teach morality, shame and the value of life. Then the education system needs to be focused on teaching basics, reading, writing, you know. All the things that democrats are against because it gives a person an individual identity and responsibility to go along with it. All those things will never solve all the problems of crime and delinquency but it sure would put a big dent in it and they would be able to arrest their way out of the problems on the street today.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Bucks County)

I was in Highway Patrol (Phila PD) in 1963. Highway Patrol was a saturation squad that was detailed to an area exhibiting police problems.
    Above average felonies occurring in an area of the city brought Highway into it to assist patrols of the area. It was highly effective. Why? Because civil rights were secondary to civil irresponsibility. Until that formula is reestablished, nothing happening today is going to change.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

An $80K a year job probably requires some effort and qualifications and must be earned, not just given out. Not impossible to attain, but requires some personal responsibility and hard work including staying in school and passing grades. Probably not going to happen with everyone getting a trophy mentality.
    True, If you stay in school, Learn to read, stay off drugs, out of jail, and don't have a baby by the time you are 14 you have a better chance at life.

These are learned through a central family unit with strong leadership at the center of a home, If you let the "village" raise your kid they will not learn family values, and they will become perpetuators of the default culture that glorifies all of the defects listed above. When kids are let to run wild without any parentage the "Village" is raising the kids.
    Its a culture problem

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    The factors that influence the economics in the hood are numerous and not easy to fix. But I stand by my stance that this is, at its core, a socioeconomic issue.
    No its actually very simple.
    Its a cultural mores issue, when your culture has no moral compass they will have no direction. 60 years of the democrats throwing money at the "war on poverty" has done exactly...what? How much capital have we already flung ant this failed experiment? They have purposefully destroyed the nuclear family with strong black men at the center, instilling work ethic, discipline, love and support to their children. All this changed when the welfare state created the captive voting base who willingly procreate to maintain the cash flow, and neglecting the care and raising of their progeny, resulting in males with no purpose in life other than a DNA donor. When the only value you have as a human being is what you have in your balls its not a boost to the ego.
    Solution is to end the welfare state, hold parents accountable Both Male and Female for the actions and support of their children

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    I agree.

Anyone has the propensity to become an animal when your back is pinned to the wall.
    and Everyone of us has an innate super power that should shine brightly at moments like these, its called "free will", and moral people should choose to "do the right thing".... But they do not.
    the reason is the default is ingrained in the culture.
    You want to fix this shit?
    Change the culture
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

Candice gets it

Attachment 152370
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

Quote Originally Posted by BobFromBucks View Post

Her answer is because the white people and the remaining white people would rather move to the burbs than fight the machine.
    One out of nine eligible voters in Philadelphia County voted during the election this past November.

Behold, mass apathy* https://results.philadelphiavotes.com/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123