Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Philadelphia shootings stats...

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    How does one use that 85% data without being called a racist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    Don't just look at the map! Look at the data below! 1,704 shooting (85%) Black.
    See my post at #6. It's not because they're black, it's because of socioeconomic status. You don't see black families in rich areas doing this. It's because the welfare state in poor urban areas has destroyed the black nuclear family and created economic complacency.

(Bucks County)

So, I'm in Mayfair (where I grew up from 12 on) and get jumped by blacks, all I have to do is tell them "It's not because you're black, it's because of your socioeconomic status. You don't see black families in rich areas doing this. It's because the welfare state in poor urban areas has destroyed the black nuclear family and created economic complacency. I understand", and I'll be OK. Got it.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Montgomery County)

So, I'm in Mayfair (where I grew up from 12 on) and get jumped by blacks, all I have to do is tell them "It's not because you're black, it's because of your socioeconomic status. You don't see black families in rich areas doing this. It's because the welfare state in poor urban areas has destroyed the black nuclear family and created economic complacency. I understand", and I'll be OK. Got it.
    My point is you wouldn't be getting jumped if they were in bed early to wakeup for a $80k/year job. The explanation clearly isn't helping in the moment which you know. Not sure what you're actually getting at here.

Is it just easier to say it's because they're black?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    See my post at #6. It's not because they're black, it's because of socioeconomic status. You don't see black families in rich areas doing this. It's because the welfare state in poor urban areas has destroyed the black nuclear family and created economic complacency.
    I thought it was because black families in rich areas are really white supremacists with black skin, thus not really black...
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Susquehanna County)

How does one use that 85% data without being called a racist?
    Telling the truth is NOT racist....it is merely the truth!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Philadelphia County)

My point is you wouldn't be getting jumped if they were in bed early to wakeup for a $80k/year job. The explanation clearly isn't helping in the moment which you know. Not sure what you're actually getting at here.

Is it just easier to say it's because they're black?
    An $80K a year job probably requires some effort and qualifications and must be earned, not just given out. Not impossible to attain, but requires some personal responsibility and hard work including staying in school and passing grades. Probably not going to happen with everyone getting a trophy mentality.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    An $80K a year job probably requires some effort and qualifications and must be earned, not just given out. Not impossible to attain, but requires some personal responsibility and hard work including staying in school and passing grades. Probably not going to happen with everyone getting a trophy mentality.
    The factors that influence the economics in the hood are numerous and not easy to fix. But I stand by my stance that this is, at its core, a socioeconomic issue.

(Montgomery County)

The factors that influence the economics in the hood are numerous and not easy to fix. But I stand by my stance that this is, at its core, a socioeconomic issue.
    I agree.

Anyone has the propensity to become an animal when your back is pinned to the wall.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    I agree.

Anyone has the propensity to become an animal when your back is pinned to the wall.
    Pinned to the wall in what manner? No money to feed yourself or children. No money to pay for simple clothes for yourself or children. No money to pay rent?

The overwhelming majority of the violence is not occurring because of the above reasons.

(Philadelphia County)

Tons of money is thrown at issues in urban areas to no avail. Tons of money is thrown at public schools to no avail. It is not simply about economics. I remember growing up in poor areas that didn*t have violence.

The majority of violence is not occurring because of Covid or the Oaks Gun Show like Mayor Kenney proposes. Nor because people can*t afford to buy food or sneakers.

And since there is near zero prosecution or repercussion all stops have been pulled.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast