Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Justified homicide? Man shoots GF's ex over child visitation dispute

A great grasp of how these things occur! ^^^^^ and the wit is fantastic!
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Justified homicide? Man shoots GF's ex over child visitation dispute

About to discuss this on Rekieta Law now

(Bucks County)

Stupidity all the way around....

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I have to wonder about the involvement of the female judge he mentioned, Judge Ann-Marie Carruth, the current wife of the boyfriend who killed the dad.
    This just came out. https://www.lubbockonline.com/story/...on/8765295002/

Everyone thought they were still married. But in case anyone else is curious.

Court filings show that the couple married in September 2009. They separated in July 2021 and Kyle Carruth filed for divorce in September. Their divorce was finalized two weeks after the shooting.

The affidavit, filed on Nov. 8, was filed as part of Anne-Marie Carruth's counter suit in the couple's divorce. According to the counter petition, Anne-Marie, a district court judge, was asking the court to exclude her ex-husband from their 9th Street home.
    also

Gov. Greg Abbott appointed Anne-Marie Carruth judge of the 72nd Judicial District Court in Crosby and Lubbock Counties in January 2021 to take over the seat for a term set to expire at the end of 2022.

She stated in the affidavit that she hadn't spoken to Kyle about the shooting but said she was "very concerned about his mental state."

Lubbock County District Attorney Sunshine Stanek filed a motion with the AG's office recusing her office from the case, stating the "suspect is related to a Lubbock County elected official, who is also a potential witness."

(Dauphin County)

You guys aren't giving our resident, yet sporadic, law experts, PA86 and The Unknown 1087, any material to ridicule you over, or to store away to use against you in case there is a trial. How thoughtless and uncharitable to treat them so unkindly, since they seem to need such material as affirmation of their superior intellect.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(York County)

From the video alone (viewed out of context of whatever ongoing fight these 4 have with each other and what threats may have been previously made) the shooter looks like he is going to prison

The blue shirt guy was upset, but he was not threatening violence. He was threatening legal action and lawsuits. I think you'd have a hard time convince a court you were in fear for your life because a guy was threatening to sue you.

The shooter left the altercation and went inside, where he was safe. He then came back to the altercation with a gun, which I think makes him the agressor. The original even was over when he left. When he came back it was a second altercation.

Plus after the warning shot (which is another problem in and of itself) he got behind the blue shirt guy so he had an easy pathway to escape if he felt threatened. He wasn't trapped in his house or anything.

Pretty sure if this was here in PA this due would be very screwed.

But I believe in Texas the castle doctrine extends for your entire property. That may change things in the shooter's favor.

I just don't see a scenario where this is a justifiable homicide. The only mitigating factor here would be if blue shirt man had made previous threats of violence or claimed he was armed before the video started.

Still....as soon as the shooter went inside and closed the door he was safe. Calling the cops there would have been better decision making.

(Bucks County)

First-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder, if I'm on the jury.

(Montgomery County)

Going to be a tough sell for self defense... Maybe in Texas but even then it's a very uphill battle.

And someone already said it but Ruger PC carbine.

The shooter had no right, from what I see, to shoot another to deatch. Maybe more of a back story will come out. At this point it looks like murder to me. A man is deatch and a child is now without his father.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(York County)

What it looks like in that video is the shooter got mad, went and got a gun, then shot a guy he was angry at.

That is not exactly self defense.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast