Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Justified homicide? Man shoots GF's ex over child visitation dispute

Man claiming self-defense after shooting his new girlfriend's ex-husband with a rifle after he shows up at his house looking to pick-up his son. The two square off before one shot is fired into the ground. The shooter than steps back and fires two rounds into the GF's ex...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...stody-row.html

From Daily Mail:

Horrifying moment gun-wielding Texas man shoots dead partner's ex during furious child custody row: Cops are yet to lay charges as lawyer claims killing was 'justifiable homicide'
    The shocking incident occurred in the south of Lubbock, Texas on November 5
    Involved four key people: 54-year-old father Chad Read, his wife Jennifer Read, his ex-wife Christina Read and her boyfriend Kyle Carruth
    The four people got into a furious argument outside Carruth's home
    Video shows this leads to Carruth threatening Chad Read with a rifle, and ultimately shooting him on the front porch of the house
    Carruth is yet to be charged, with his lawyers claiming 'justifiable homicide'

This is the horrifying moment a Texas man shot his partner's ex-husband dead during a furious child custody row outside of his home.

Footage shows Kyle Carruth opening fire on Chad Read after the two squared up against each other and wrestled over the gun in Lubbock, Texas.

However, Carruth has not yet been charged by police over the killing with his lawyers arguing that it was 'justifiable homicide' and carried out in self defence.

The argument leading up to the November 5 shooting centred around a custody dispute over the children of Chad Read and his ex-wife Christina Read.

Through her attorney, Chad Read's widow Jennifer Read released a statement along with the footage that shows the moment her 54-year-husband was shot and killed by Carruth, reportedly Christina Read's new boyfriend.

In an affidavit, Jennifer Read has since accused Christina Read and Kyle Carruth of engaging 'in a conspiracy to assault and/or murder Chad that day.'

Full story here
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Berks County)

Default Re: Justified homicide? Man shoots GF's ex over child visitation dispute

KR opened the door for this sort of thing and we are sure to see more of it.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Default Re: Justified homicide? Man shoots GF's ex over child visitation dispute

Should have stayed inside and called the cops or something. Guilty or not, now he has to livbe with that the rest of his life.
    Was that a hi-point?

(Bucks County)

Luckily there is a video so the courts can decide but it doesn't look justified to me. Yes the guy who was killed was kind of grabbing for the rifle but the shooter breaks away while the other guy just stands there. Its hard to prove self defense if you turn around and shoot a guy just standing there.

(Montgomery County)

Dude went and got the gun, incident was tense, but non violent until the weapon was introduced and he threatened lethal force.

The EX husband had legal reason to be there to pick up his child.

Murder.

I can claim whatever I want at any time. It does not mean it is true. You can claim self defense whenever and where ever you want. That does not make it true.
    Charlie - Ex-PA Resident

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Was that a hi-point?
    Nope, Ruger PC Carbine: https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine...ets/19115.html
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Lackawanna County)

I read a few articles to this and there was history here. Including the guy who got popped making threats and claiming someone needed to take this guy down a peg. I’m guessing as more of this comes out it won’t just be a one time thing but a history of altercation. Probabyl why it was filmed by everyone.

On one hand I can understand the guys plight with the visitation. On the other. Saying you’re going to take it from him and use it or whatever he said just opened the door for it once he put hands on it.

(Chester County)

I*m rushing to judgement.

No.

"When Three Assholes Collide".

Sounds like the typical bitch ex, keeping the kids away from their dad. Plus the loser new guy, trying to prove some point about his testicles. Plus the dad, asserting his rights in utterly stupid ways and refusing to believe that he might die today, because he never died before.

The dad was partly right, if they hammered out visitation that says he gets the kid at 3:15, then the mom doesn't have the unilateral right to steal some of that time for her own convenience.

On the other hand, the dad was wrong about the wisdom and legality of shoving one's face 1 inch away from another man, triggering parts of the brain that evolved to kill predators.

I hope the kid goes into foster care, the new BF spends life in prison, and the mom never gets laid again.

Look, you may have the right-of-way in an intersection because you have the green light (or more accurately, you are entitled to the benefit of the traffic regs requiring the side traffic to yield to you). That doesn't make it a smart decision to just drive through if you see a speeding truck coming sideways, way too fast to stop for their red light. Reality and physics trump legal paperwork.

I have no idea how many people have died by standing on their rights when it wasn't necessary. But I bet it's a lot. Somewhat more than those who died immediately after saying something like "you don't have the balls to shoot me".

This dead dad should have called the police to the scene, for some flavor of kidnapping (which is what the mom sure would have done on Sunday night if he didn't bring the kid back; most of the kids' faces on milk cartons are children taken by the non-custodial parent.) At least make a record, for use in court when they re-litigate custody.

I have to wonder about the involvement of the female judge he mentioned, Judge Ann-Marie Carruth, the current wife of the boyfriend who killed the dad.

I think this may also be an unintended consequence of courts treating women like the default custodial parent, who get the kids unless you can prove her current heroin use; and the dad as nothing more than a convenient source of support money. The systemic unfairness is going to make people crazy-mad, as in this case.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast