Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Justified homicide? Man shoots GF's ex over child visitation dispute

I think it was a setup by the new wife/lawyer, she knew better and should have had the cops there from the start. Whose house was this at? The shooters? The girlfriend? The separated/ex/ judge? If it wasn't at the baby momma house did the dead guy have any right to be there since it was stated the kids weren't there? Dead guy was gonna end up dead sooner or later with his attitude his lawyer wife egged him on looking for some kind of payday. Shooter pleads temporary insanity due to divorce and constant threats from dead guy. Sentenced to 6mo house arrest.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Justified homicide? Man shoots GF's ex over child visitation dispute

According to that news report in the youtube posted above, brandishing in TX is legal and the shooter did not aim at the deceased until he grabbed his gun. I can tell you that I will never go after a person wielding a gun and if I have a gun out for defense, I will not let anyone get close enough to me to take it. It might be close but I'm calling this one for the homeowner as justifiable.

PSA: Not really related but sort of. If you're in the street, keep an eye out for and avoid cars. I compare getting hit by a car in the street to getting shot by attacking a man with a gun.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Tioga County)

In the end, one guy dead, one guy going to prison or having legal issues and one woman that doesn't give a shit.

Women love to have men fighting over them.

(Montgomery County)

Very hard to tell - but any chance it's an integrally suppressed barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Very hard to tell - but any chance it's an integrally suppressed barrel?
    Doesn't look like it, probably just some light loads

(Lancaster County)

Lawofselfdefense weighs in: Evidence supports manslaughter.

https://twitter.com/LawSelfDefense/s...686loFW9A&s=19

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

So the dead guy had ironically assaulted his mother-in-law... for trespassing. Also new info about the custody transfers.

D a r t h C r y p t o
    @DefNotDarth

BREAKING: According to police reports, #ChadRead, who was shot by #KyleCarruth in a viral video, assaulted his ex-wife's 63 year old mother, claiming she was trespassing & wouldn't leave his property.

This is eerie, as his death involved a debate over his own trespassing.

#ChadRead also threatened to "smash your face in" to his first ex-wife, in front of their child. He then assaulted her, according to the police reports.

I'll be reporting on this case further and releasing documents to help everyone better understand those involved.

D a r t h C r y p t o
    @DefNotDarth
    BREAKING: Clarification on custody dispute issues in the #ChadRead #KyleCarruth Lubbock TX shooting.

According to divorce records, the location for child transfer was the residence of each parent, and NOT the location of the incident.

However, as the incident occurred on the 1st Friday of the month, #ChadRead was granted custody at the end of school. Christina, his ex-wife, claimed it was 6 o'clock on the video.

This misunderstanding should have been brought to family court. No crime was committed because of the delay.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Well, how about that. No criminal charges. https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...ged-ag-paxton/

The Daily Mail reported:

A Texas man who shot dead his girlfriend’s ex-husband as the men argued over child custody will not face criminal charges because the shooting was in self-defense, the Texas Attorney General has announced.

William ‘Kyle’ Carruth, 39, opened fire on Chad Read, 54, after the two squared up to each other and wrestled over a gun in Lubbock on November 5.

A special grand jury found Carruth will not be charged because the argument was on his property and the shooting was in self-defense, Attorney General Ken Paxton said on Thursday.

Carruth, who is the ex-husband of 72nd District Court Judge Ann-Marie Carruth, was never arrested for the shooting, which his lawyer had argued was a ‘justifiable homicide’.

Judge Carruth, who lost her bid for re-election in March and will be in office until December, divorced him shortly after the shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Well, how about that. No criminal charges. https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...ged-ag-paxton/

The Daily Mail reported:

A Texas man who shot dead his girlfriend’s ex-husband as the men argued over child custody will not face criminal charges because the shooting was in self-defense, the Texas Attorney General has announced.

William ‘Kyle’ Carruth, 39, opened fire on Chad Read, 54, after the two squared up to each other and wrestled over a gun in Lubbock on November 5.

A special grand jury found Carruth will not be charged because the argument was on his property and the shooting was in self-defense, Attorney General Ken Paxton said on Thursday.

Carruth, who is the ex-husband of 72nd District Court Judge Ann-Marie Carruth, was never arrested for the shooting, which his lawyer had argued was a ‘justifiable homicide’.

Judge Carruth, who lost her bid for re-election in March and will be in office until December, divorced him shortly after the shooting.
    I call shenanigans....

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    I call shenanigans....
    Well it's Texas......so?
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast