Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Have you sold private guns at a gunshow?

Oaks show is coming up and I want for the firs time try to sell a handgun there. It's a very unfamiliar territory for me. Do I approach every vendor or only those with a sign that they buy guns? What do they need from me? Proof of ownership? What would that be? The most important thing is to have my name taken off the gun and paper work to prove it. Yes, I know there is no gun registry but you and I know there is. I bought all my guns legally at local gun shops and should have the paper work.

Default Re: Have you sold private guns at a gunshow?

I don't sell many firearms, and I have never "traded in" or sold any of them to a dealer. They lowball ya....

(Northumberland County)

Never tried it. Rarely sell handguns, but when I do it's almost always through POOFA or via local consignment. Just an easier and more controlled process in my mind.

(Columbia County)

I suggest try selling on consignment at a local gun shop. You will likely get more. I guess it won't hurt to ask if a local shop will buy it but don't expect much cash. I sold a few on consignment and they did ask for ID. Some will have the seller sign a document stating that the gun they are selling is their own (not stolen). That's about all you need to sell a gun. The FFL holder will report the transfer of the gun to the PSP handgun sale registry when it sells. When my guns sold I asked the FFL holder for a store receipt indicating the transfer.

(Beaver County)

All the time at the Washington Gun show here on the Westside.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    Oaks show is coming up and I want for the firs time try to sell a handgun there. It's a very unfamiliar territory for me. Do I approach every vendor or only those with a sign that they buy guns? What do they need from me? Proof of ownership? What would that be? The most important thing is to have my name taken off the gun and paper work to prove it. Yes, I know there is no gun registry but you and I know there is. I bought all my guns legally at local gun shops and should have the paper work.

I'll make this easy on you, tell me what you are wearing and what time to meet. Then we can find a dealer and do the transfer. I'll give you a hundred bucks and punch you in the gut. Now you know what it's like selling at a gun show. Only at Oak's, can you get low balled, beat up and have seller's remorse all at the same time. Now you know, and knowing's half the battle!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Montgomery County)

I was leery to begin with. Now I just go for the pickles and beef jerkies.

(Philadelphia County)

What are you selling? List it in the classifieds here. Maybe a local Poofer would be interested and then just find an agreeable FFL. Much easier.

(Berks County)

Its standard practice for a FFL to offer you 2/3 the blue book on a used gun. Thats how they make money. Walk around the show with a sign advertising it and see if anybody stops you. Or, just post it on here. The only time i went to a FFL was if i needed money quick.
    Last edited by snuffy19608; November 25th, 2021 at 07:51 AM.
    Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

I my experience a dealer will just have you sign a paper stating you are the legal owner, and give you a receipt. As for having your name removed from the gun that doesn't really happen they have a list of every owner that gun had and every gun you've done the psp paperwork on even if you sold them later.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast