Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Hybrid View

(Juniata County)

Default Politico calls for dems to embrace National carry rights, abandon gun control

"Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Juniata County)

Default Re: Politico calls for dems to embrace National carry rights, abandon gun control

Opinion | Democrats Should Ditch the Anti-Gun Rhetoric If They Want to Survive 2022

Key components of the party * women, Black people and Latinos * are increasingly gun owners.

Asian Americans, Hispanics and most especially women are buying guns because they feel threatened. Hate-filled rhetoric on social media and a few high-visibility news incidents validate citizens* concerns about feeling vulnerable. Does owning a firearm actually make you safer? That depends, but it certainly makes you feel better protected.

Democrats might not like guns or think the Second Amendment deserves the same protection as the First, but if the Supreme Court rules against New York*s concealed carry law, it would be foolish of the Democrats to continue to promote a sweeping anti-gun platform.

Let me propose a much smarter platform for them to adopt.

Democrats can start by supporting a sensible *national carry* program. They can fund firearm safety education. They can speak out regarding the need to have professional law enforcement running agencies like the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, not political hacks with axes to grind. They can support the import of long guns for self-defense (currently only *sporting use* is allowed).

After they put these items up front, they can also talk about background checks in all commercial transfers of guns, and some other fixes that can benefit gun owners and law enforcement professionals. They need to know that new gun owners are listening to them closely while the acolytes of stringent gun control have nowhere else to go anyway.

Few politicians have the guts to change paradigms but holding the reins of power demands critical reexamination of long held positions when those positions cost them power.

Gun owners can make a huge difference in fighting for the winning centrist majority position in our fractured nation. What they need, however, is cooperative leadership from Democrats, not just Republicans, leadership that can understand how to make both the policy and the politics work in unison

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...-owners-522562
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Politico calls for dems to embrace National carry rights, abandon gun control

I think they should embrace claymores.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I think they should embrace claymores.
    Can't argue with that LOL
    -Brandon

(Delaware County)

I think they need to suck on a grenade.

It's not black vs white, or representing their constituents. The dems in politics want to disarm the population and seize absolute power. That's all it is. They run on all these policies supporting poor people, but now they're in absolute power they haven't done a single thing to help poor people. They could do it. But they don't. All they do is run scare ads that the gop is going to make them get jobs.

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    The only thing that will happen is more "I support the Second Amendment BUT...."
    Signed,
    Pat Toomey
    Last edited by PickingPA; November 25th, 2021 at 08:42 AM.