Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Beaver County)

Default Re: Contact Governor Wolf to sign Constitutional Carry

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Him vetoing it can be used as fodder in the next election cycle and almost definitely will be. He doesn't care and won't read the emails in favor. He stated he was vetoing it if it got to his desk even before it was fully passed. We should be working on getting a candidate for governor that we can actually support and pressuring to get this even proposed once that happens.
    I fart in his general direction.
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will...

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post
    From 10 years ago - https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=166255
    When Constitutional Carry NEVER MADE IT OUT OF COMMITTEE at a time when Gov. Corbett would have signed it.

Pessimism needs real evidence to overcome it.

So politicians being turncoat and paid off by soros is now our fault?

Way to victim blame bro.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    So politicians being turncoat and paid off by soros is now our fault?
    Way to victim blame bro.
    I've lived long enough to know that politicians (and most folks in general) are not going to do the right thing unless it benefits them. That means if you want the right thing to happen, despite their unwillingness to do it, you're going to have to work really hard to convince enough constituents (and legislators) that it's a good thing for them - Don't expect others to give it to you. There are plenty of anti-2A constituents that those politicians can pat themselves on the back for satisfying.

If encouraging a greater effort (at the right time) in order to succeed is victim blaming, then so be it ---- If you want to remain a victim of the morons & politicians, then continue to wait for them to do the right thing.

If this community is ever to get Constitutional Carry implemented, it's going to be BY THIS COMMUNITY WORKING HARD WHEN THERE IS A REAL CHANCE FOR SUCCESS. It's not going to happen because you blame the morons & politicians for not doing the right thing (even though they are guilty of that).

Acts of symbolism in the face of NO-CHANCE may make you feel good, but that is not equivalent to victory.

Last edited by ImminentDanger; November 26th, 2021 at 10:34 AM. Reason: spelling

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post
    I've lived long enough to know that politicians (and most folks in general) are not going to do the right thing unless it benefits them. That means if you want the right thing to happen, despite their unwillingness to do it, you're going to have to work really hard to convince enough constituents (and legislators) that it's a good thing for them - Don't expect others to give it to you. There are plenty of anti-2A constiuents that those politicians can pat themselves on the back for satisfying.

If encouraging a greater effort (at the right time) in order to succeed is victim blaming, then so be it ---- If you want to remain a victim of the morons & politicians, then continue to wait for them to do the right thing.

If this community is ever to get Constitutional Carry implemented, it's going to be BY THIS COMMUNITY WORKING HARD WHEN THERE IS A REAL CHANCE FOR SUCCESS. It's not going to happen because you blame the morons & politicians for not doing the right thing (even though they are guilty of that).

Acts of symbolism in the face of NO-CHANCE may make you feel good, but that is not equivalent to victory.

Bingo
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Northampton County)

Vetoed as expected. Probably no where near enough votes to override either.

(Beaver County)

Here is the response from King Tom... I can't understand how they think criminals follow the law.... It just blows my mind.

Thank you for taking the time to contact my administration regarding my recent veto of Senate Bill 565.
    Each year, there are more than 1,600 victims of gun violence in Pennsylvania. These victims and communities deserve to have meaningful legislation passed to address the scourge of gun violence. This legislation, which eliminates the requirement for individuals to obtain a license before carrying a concealed firearm, will only exacerbate gun violence and jeopardize the safety of all Pennsylvanians. Removal of the licensing background investigation will hinder the ability of law enforcement to prevent individuals who should not be able to carry a firearm concealed from doing so. Domestic abusers and other dangerous criminals should not have the ability to carry hidden weapons in our communities.
    I would like to make it clear that this veto will have no effect on the 1.3 million Pennsylvanians who currently posses a legal license to carry a firearm.
    I support many public policy proposals that would address the urgent issue of gun violence, including safe storage legislation, extreme risk protection orders, enhanced reporting requirements for lost or stolen guns, and closing gaps in the background check system. Unfortunately, this bill would make gun violence worse and would put law enforcement officers at greater risk of harm. The Pennsylvania Chiefs of Police Association and the Pennsylvania District Attorneys Association both oppose this legislation and there are no law enforcement organizations in Pennsylvania that support this bill. I stand with them, domestic abuse survivors and advocates, responsible gun owners, and victims of gun violence who have expressed their opposition to this dangerous bill.
    For up-to-date press releases concerning my administration's initiatives, please visit https://www.governor.pa.gov/newsroom/, follow me on Twitter at @GovernorTomWolf, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/governorwolf, I also encourage you to visit any of Pennsylvania state agencies' websites for their daily press releases
    Sincerely,
    TOM WOLF
    Governor
    ---

(Bucks County)

They don*t think anything, their masters have an agenda and they follow it
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123