Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    (York County)

Default Re: OAKS 3 Day Show DEC 17, 18, 19, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    I blame Pawn Stars. I noticed that a year or two after that show debuted, people in general became more aggressive at wanting to negotiate any price. Prior to that, in these parts it was uncommon to see/hear a gun shop customer negotiate pricing. Maybe elsewhere, but not here. Suddenly, everyone's last name was Harrison.

Some years ago I watched an exchange between the manager at Grice's and an arrogant customer who kept hounding for a lower price. "Pricing is not negotiable," the manager repeated. After one time too many, the manager took the rifle off the counter and told the guy to leave.

Another FFL I know usually says, "Go to Sheetz or Walmart and ask for better pricing and let me know how that goes for you."

Noah
    the thing that really gets me is they want to beat a small business owner with small profit margins, but they wholeheartedly waltz right into Walmart, target, nike, under armor, etc. and just pay the price on the tag because "its the price an it costs what it costs". after dealing with tons of this I get really tired of it. the other thing that pisses me off is when a customer goes to a show and stands in front of your table with his phone open to "buds gun shop" who sells almost all of their guns for $20 above wholesale cost. then they ask you to price match it because "they can get it cheaper on the internet". at first I was really polite and told them no. now I just tell them to save your door admission fees, sit at home in your underpants buy the gun, pay tax and shipping, then go to your local dealer for a transfer fee. But, be sure to do it really quick! they then get a puzzled look on their face and ask why. then I tell them "because your local dealer cant survive on $20 transfer fees so he will go out of business soon or raise his transfer fees really high". to be honest, I wish there was a union for gun dealers to standardize transfer fees since you cant stay in business off of them, but im sure there will always be some turd in the crowd who will think he is doing someone and himself a favor by charging $10 for a transfer.

(Bucks County)

I will negotiate some on a used gun depending on the model, condition and doing research on prices... but I am not disrespectful with low ball offers...or discussing counter offers..

If I don't like the price of a new gun I shop around factoring my time and expenses...and then make a decision.

(Bucks County)

I think some dealers inflate their prices knowing that people will haggle on them....

(Bucks County)

Table/Gun Show dealer has another disadvantage. He can't add shipping to the price and then post shipping free.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Bucks County)

Yup.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112