Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Holster repair/modification

My wife got me a new DeSantis holster last Christmas for my 1911. Being really busy with work due to Covid resurgence in northeast and mid-Atlantic, I just got around to wearing it.
    There is a problem. I carry in Condition 1, round in chamber, hammer back, safety on. See attached pics. The leather retention strap should be at the position in pic 1. Wearing it, the gun drops down to the position in pic 2, which is really where the gun should be. The snap is positioned wrong, and needs to be moved to the crossed lines in pic 3.
    Anyone here do leather work, and can do this? It looks like the snap just needs removed and a new snap installed.

2BB8E75D-027C-4935-B64B-F0259D6A33CA.jpg. Pic #3.

Pics 1 and 2 in next posts.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Holster repair/modification

Pic #2 and pic #1 refuse to post.
    Ok , anyone here work leather and can move the snap in pic#3 above to the crossed lines indicated? Not sure it*s worth contacting DeSantis again as they *do not believe the 1911 should be carried in Condition 1 because it is unsafe!*

(Bucks County)

cannot get any more pics to load and post. Not a problem, anyone here that can move a snap, or remove and install a new one?

(Lancaster County)

If your ever down around the Honey Brook area, Brandywine Shoe Shop a local Amish owned store. They do a lot of leather repairs including holsters they have repaired ,altered and sewn many holsters and my leather riding gear for me. the last time I had a snap done cost me like $3.00

https://www.brandywineshoeshop.com/about

If any one is familiar with turn of the century (121 years not 21 !) Reeves variable speed drives, I had one on a very old welding positioner with a canvas cloth and wooden teeth with leather friction pads give up , they gladly repaired it for me and it will probably run another 100 years

(Bucks County)

I can probably take care of that. Would you email me the photos so I can have a look?
    cdicustom@hotmail.com
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    Pic #2 and pic #1 refuse to post.
    Ok , anyone here work leather and can move the snap in pic#3 above to the crossed lines indicated? Not sure it*s worth contacting DeSantis again as they *do not believe the 1911 should be carried in Condition 1 because it is unsafe!*
    I have personal knowledge that DeSantis will adjust retention strap ,they have done it for LEOs in Suffolk County years ago ,Dont know it they do it anymore ? They did have the letter and have it signed that they would not have any liability furthermore with that holster !

(Bucks County)

I took it to Sean at CDI and he did an awesome job of taking care of it. The man spent an hour of his day, working, and conversing with me and his lady friend, while he worked. It is so refreshing to have a conversation with another veteran and find I*m not nuts, the world really is as upside down as I see it.

Thanks for the help with the holster, Sean, and for the lively, refreshing conversation. Happy Thanksgiving!