Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: THE Gun MOST Returned by Panic Buyers

@Ronin nailed the key points.

I never liked a trigger blade safety as anything as a supplementary extra.

MS, DAO, DA/SA make the grade IMO. And MS variant SIG 320 is the only pastic to be seen.

On the other hand, my favorite is SAO with no safety lever - trigger or otherwise.
    But the HK P7 is simply a different beast altogether ...
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

(Westmoreland County)

I think the only handgun I have with a 'safety' is one of the wifeys pretty colored guns

(Franklin County)

No doubt Glock is one of the best known names in semi auto pistols so it makes sense that is where many new gun owners look, add to that the fact that Glocks probably occupy more space in most gun stores than any other brand and it doesn't surprise me most panic buyers buy Glocks, and subsequently return them.
    The Hostler

(Chester County)

I thought it would be a Taurus because most panic buyers aren*t really gun people, and Taurus pistols are cheap.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Delaware County)

Ha, no surprise. Just Glock haters is all. I gravitated to Glock mainly because I'm a left-hander and it's a more ambidextrous gun...just had to swap the mag release over. Personally, I think a 1911 is less safe depending on the carry condition but but that's just me.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Susquehanna County)

The difference is TRAINING! Those who've trained adequately with their firearms KNOW how they function and safety or no know how to present and fire or not, when needed!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    Ha, no surprise. Just Glock haters is all. I gravitated to Glock mainly because I'm a left-hander and it's a more ambidextrous gun...just had to swap the mag release over. Personally, I think a 1911 is less safe depending on the carry condition but but that's just me.
    Why switch the mag release if you're left handed? If anything we have the advantage when it comes to mag releases. You should be using your trigger finger. It's faster and you don't have to break your grip to use your thumb.

(Chester County)

I carried a 1911 for years and trained to remember to slide the safety off when drawing. I graduated to a Sig P220 then I got the P226 for more rounds. The 1911 is a range plinker now. I also have a striker fired subcompact Beretta Nano and I will carry that when I really need to completely conceal. The safety thing would hinder me now if I had to use a gun that had one. No matter which one you use you have to train vigorously to be able to use the firearm as an effective method of self defense. I can see that those newbies weren't ready to do the necessary training in order to safely handle a striker fired pistol with no external safety.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    LOL.

You are kidding, right?
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

I think a lot of it had to do with people that never, ever, ever, ever, thought about buying a gun let alone touching one buying firearms. I seen dealers near me outright refuse to sell weapons to people due to their inexperience with firearms. They did offer to help them. Even take them to a range with the shops firearms and ammo to teach them basic safety before buying. I also seen people have outright hissy fits demanding the dealer have to sell them the firearm. One went as fire as threatening to call the ATF on the shop. It was one of the funniest things I ever seen besides my county board of supervisors not knowing the ATF regulates shops in the first place.

The amount of stupidity is mind blowing. While it a good thing to get more aware and on our side. Some of the ones I seen around our area should not own firearms. Two admitted they blatantly voted against firearms rights every election but wanted to protect themselves. I felt bad for the shops and their employees due to the treatment by some of the people around.
    Charlie - Ex-PA Resident

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234