Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Any love for Walther?

I have a PPSM2 that's OK. Not much love for their CS though. This is an early model and had a problem with the slide locking with one round left in one mag that they couldn't analyze after 2 returns even though I sent them pics of 2 magazines showing the offending mag's follower was higher than in the good one. My LGS fixed it in 2 minutes by bending the lips in an RCH.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by oldengineer View Post
    I have a PPSM2 that's OK. Not much love for their CS though. This is an early model and had a problem with the slide locking with one round left in one mag that they couldn't analyze after 2 returns even though I sent them pics of 2 magazines showing the offending mag's follower was higher than in the good one. My LGS fixed it in 2 minutes by bending the lips in an RCH.
    Ahh, the RCH! That is definitely an engineering term. Some are confused since it isn*t SI, and it isn*t in the customary system, but it is definitely a known unit of measure.

(Dauphin County)

Walther is the epitome of elegance in mechanical form.
    PPS and P22.jpg
    IMG_20220130_163800 (Small).jpg
    Last edited by gun-bunny; January 31st, 2022 at 09:19 PM.

(Potter County)

Walther Q4 SF - 40 oz of steel

Regards ----------

Q4&Bark800.jpgQ4&Drake800.jpg

(Cumberland County)

In 2009 I bought a Walther pps .40. It was slim but not accurate. I believe S&W bought them out. It also was branded on slide. I wasn't too pleased with it. Finish quickly faded and looked kinda rough after just a year. For $800 it was definitely not worth it. That was a long time ago. Not sure what they are now. I like the old Walter's. Www.pre98.com has some nice WWII P38 examples.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by McSull View Post
    9mm kurz is 380
    Last time I checked.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Ahh, the RCH! That is definitely an engineering term. Some are confused since it isn*t SI, and it isn*t in the customary system, but it is definitely a known unit of measure.
    Yes the red ones are more consistent
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(York County)

I have a 1st gen CCP and it's a great pistol. Very soft recoil and the slide is really easy to rack. It's a blowback style which makes cleaning a longer job but it is super accurate, light, and it's been 100% reliable. It usually sits in the gun safe as I favor carrying my G48 in the Summer, but the only flaw is the take down procedure which they corrected in Gen 2.

[EDIT] I should add that I had the gen 1 PPS and it was a snappy little turd. I have large hands and am not recoil sensitive, if you will, but I don't know if it is the design or what it was not a joy to shoot like the CCP.

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCopper View Post
    I have a 1st gen CCP and it's a great pistol. Very soft recoil and the slide is really easy to rack. It's a blowback style which makes cleaning a longer job but it is super accurate, light, and it's been 100% reliable. It usually sits in the gun safe as I favor carrying my G48 in the Summer, but the only flaw is the take down procedure which they corrected in Gen 2.

[EDIT] I should add that I had the gen 1 PPS and it was a snappy little turd. I have large hands and am not recoil sensitive, if you will, but I don't know if it is the design or what it was not a joy to shoot like the CCP.
    I like what I see of the CCP, and almost bought one. I did read some reviews that gave me pause. I ended up with the PPS m2, and I like it a lot. It is a nice gun for the money, and a breeze to carry.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234