Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Any love for Walther?

I have the itch for a new CC gun. I am looking at a Walther. Those that have experience - care to share some thoughts or experiences?

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Any love for Walther?

Which Walther? I have a PP. Beautiful workmanship. Wonderfully accurate. But heavy for its size and the double/single action trigger is tough to get consistent with.

I have a walther ppk and ppq and am shoppping for a pps. Great guns, but I'll maintain keeping my ruger 57 for carry.

(Chester County)

Walther is top notch. I owned an older PPK/S for many years and shot the heck out of it. Never a glitch. I've done a lot of shooting with a PPQ M2. Fantastic pistol! I would say the Walther PPQ M2 and the CZ's (P-07 and P-10) are the best polymer semi-autos I've ever shot (IMO better than Glock, S&W, H&K, Ruger, Springfield; I haven't shot the FNs or Berettas).
    Reliable and super accurate; fit my hand like a glove. I would assume the rest of the Walther line is just as good.

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    Which Walther? I have a PP. Beautiful workmanship. Wonderfully accurate. But heavy for its size and the double/single action trigger is tough to get consistent with.
    I am thinking of a compact - PPS or CCP.

(Chester County)

PPS is my main carry for quite a few years. Excellent ergos and extremely reliable. Plus you get the extra comfort of the rear plunger which can be ridden while holstering to prevent the trigger from being engaged. Kind of like riding the hammer on a da/SA gun. Cannot recommend the PPS highly enough. The only thing it’s lacking is the capacity of some newer offerings.

As good as the PPS is, I wouldn’t touch the CCP with a ten foot poll. Too many horror stories with reliability.

(Bucks County)

Love my PPS M2. Never had a failure of any type. Easy to grip for a small gun. Only holds 7 or 8 though. I've been wanting a P365, due to capacity. I keep carrying my PPS M2 though.

I bought my Dad a PPK recently to indulge this James Bond kick he has been on. I was really pleased with the fit, finish, and quality. I suppose for the $800+ price tag it should be well made. Not that I've shot many, but it was certainly the most accurate of any 380 that I have ever shot. A friend used to have a P99 that I really really liked at the time, the gun just fit my hand really well.

Thanks for the replies!

(Columbia County)

Walther makes good guns however in my opinion the PPQ and the PDP have triggers that are too light for me to trust carrying. I had a PPSm2 for a while and it work fine but I switched to a SIG 365 X. The reason was it's about the same size but the SIG as more capacity and came with night sights. Stuff for the 365 is also easier to find. The best Walther is the P99 with the anti stress trigger however they have been discontinued . For some reason the a striker fired with the option to decock it into a double action mode for the first shot never caught on.
    Last edited by eagleclaw; November 19th, 2021 at 04:58 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast