Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: SIG 365 please tell me pros and cons

I love mine evem more than my P936

(York County)

One thing I strongly suggest with the 365 is to take some sandpaper to the grips

The grip pattern is REALLY scratchy against your skin if your holster doesn't have a backing that comes up behind the grip

A little sandpaper (I said sandpaper...not an electric belt sander) rubbed on the rough spots makes it MUCH more comfortsble.to carry without scratching up your back without sacrificing the grippiness in your hand

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceballs View Post
    One thing I strongly suggest with the 365 is to take some sandpaper to the grips

The grip pattern is REALLY scratchy against your skin if your holster doesn't have a backing that comes up behind the grip

A little sandpaper (I said sandpaper...not an electric belt sander) rubbed on the rough spots makes it MUCH more comfortsble.to carry without scratching up your back without sacrificing the grippiness in your hand
    It will wear holes in your clothing in no time flat. All my shirts have rub holes there now from the grips.

(Lehigh County)

I picked up a 15 round mag for mine and shot it yesterday. The extra grip surface made the gun so much easier to handle and control that I amazed myself with the group I shot. OTOH the spring in that 15 rounder is something else. I'm able to get 8 into the 10 round mags but had to fight to get 5 into the 15. I may have to put an UpLULA back into the bag.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceballs View Post

That's why I carry in a N8 Tactical holster. The full backing keeps the grip from rubbing against skin or an undershirt. Very easy to draw from with little practice.

(Allegheny County)

I own a P365 and my daughters fiancé just picked up the Taurus GX4. P365 is awesome but you must check out the GX4 as well, it's pretty impressive. Between the two GX4 feels better in the hand. He put some tru glo sights on it we plan to shoot both side by side soon.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Delaware County)

I ordered an optics-ready Sig P365 XL. That will be my first pistol with a red dot.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    That's why I carry in a N8 Tactical holster. The full backing keeps the grip from rubbing against skin or an undershirt. Very easy to draw from with little practice.
    That is kinda cool.... does it lock the gun in place like a kydex holster does? Or is it just held tightly with the neoprene?

Is the back (the part against your skin) neoprene? Is it comfortable for all day wear?

I opted for a tiny holster because it's easier to take it off and put it elsewhere if needed in a hurry (pocket, under car seat, etc) if for some reason I can suddenly not have it IWB.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123