Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: SIG 365 please tell me pros and cons

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Vuccla View Post
    I shot the 365 and the XL. They are a quality gun with plenty of magazine capacity in a very small package. I don't have any cons to state except I shot the SA Hellcat also and found I shoot the Hellcat much more accurately. It fit my hands better than the P365's. I have large hands. (used to be able to palm a basketball in the day).
    I have friends who hate the Hellcat and love the P365. My advice is shoot both before you lay the $$$ down. You won't go wrong with either but you may do "better" with one over the other.
    This was almost exactly my experience, except that I owned two 365's and sold them after shooting a Hellcat. I ended up selling both of my 365's to the same friend, one for him and then the second for his wife about six months later after he was shooting his 365 more than he was. Both excellent guns, it really just comes down to which feel better. At the moment I have 3 Hellcats, 2 of them are OSP versions. I just bought a Wasp MRDS for one and I am taking it to the range Saturday morning. Going with a different buddy who also has a 365. We are planning for him to shoot both and see if he likes one over the other. I picked up one of the 15 round mags, have (3) 13 rounders and (3) 11 rounders. The Hellcat even with the 15 round mag fits in my front pocket in a Sticky holster. Jeans are a bit too small of a pocket for that but the 13 rounder works in that instance.

Both great guns, we are in a golden age of firearms of all types, but particularly compact pistols.

(Montgomery County)

Very little bad to say about the 365 platform... the modularity and capacity/size blend are obviously the selling points. They shoot very well for their size. You could shoot an XL for IDPA and be competitive. I've done it... well shot it for IDPA, not that I was extremely competitive but that's on me .

(Bucks County)

Red face Re: SIG 365 please tell me pros and cons

I bought a P365XL after reading hours of people's descriptions and feelings about the P365; It was my 'retirement' gift to myself so Iwanted it to be just right.

My hands are not huge, I'm retiring dad's 1909 colt Police Positive with the small bakelite stocks and I started looking at the XL and it felt 'just right' so I bought it.

I didn't need to add the grip cover so many people seem to add, kinda' fit just like the old Colt but is so much more.

The 12 round mag needs to be filled a few times before it is humanly possible to get the 12th round in with out resorting to using the edge of a counter and both hands.

I added the streamlite TLR 6 and added a drop of nail polish to the battery catch and have experienced no problems with it popping open, if I do my part the steel rings ar 25 yards with the lazer and battery change does not require re-sighting.

I carry at 4'O'Clock and after 2 other attempts settled on the Crossbreed 'mini-tuc' which needs some break in but becomes very comfortable.

Carry Federal 124GN JHP; leaves interesting impacts on the steel plate.

Try one, you might like it!

Quote Originally Posted by wis bang View Post
    I bought a P365XL after reading hours of people's descriptions and feelings about the P365; It was my 'retirement' gift to myself so Iwanted it to be just right.

My hands are not huge, I'm retiring dad's 1909 colt Police Positive with the small bakelite stocks and I started looking at the XL and it felt 'just right' so I bought it.

I didn't need to add the grip cover so many people seem to add, kinda' fit just like the old Colt but is so much more.

The 12 round mag needs to be filled a few times before it is humanly possible to get the 12th round in with out resorting to using the edge of a counter and both hands.
    Everyone should have a Maglula UpLULA mag loader. Worth every single penny.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    ^^^^^THIS^^^^^
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I bought the ETS Universal speedloader; stuff in 2 by hand andinsert mag in the well, pick up 10 from the box and flip it over, add the pusher and zip them in.

(Berks County)

Thanks all I appreciate all the advice and input , we will see if there will be something new , shiny , matte or FDE under the tree this year .
    Fortuna audaces iuvat
    "Who is John Galt?"
    Deus Vult

(Lancaster County)

Buy one. You won*t look back. I know others have said differently but I think the 365 is a much better firearm than the hellcat. I find it shoots as accurate as a full-size handgun. Nothing negative to say about mine after carrying it almost every day and shooting it about twice a month for a year.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Monroe County)

I like mine. I'll be switching back to it for winter carry soon. I trade off between a Kahr P380, PM9 and the 365. All pocket carry in talon holsters. I shoot it the best of the 3, and it is the most comfortable in my hands. When I bought it, it was the only hi cap mini 9. There are so many choices now, you'd probably be well served by any of them. The only mod I've done to mine is I added the safety to it.

(Chester County)

I know im late to the game but if you haven't already bought one yet here's my two cents. I am a Glock guy in every sense of the phrase. However I shot an XL and enjoyed it. The only complaint I have is that the grips are too small but tbh so is the 43x for me. (more of a full-size gun guy). I see no problems or issues and the platform is growing with aftermarket support incase that tickles your fancy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast