Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: To Bubba..Or not to Bubba

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Anyone letting a mum get away for fifty bucks sure didn't know what s/he had...and anyone buying it for fifty bucks should go to confession.
    Although this receiver was ground, my other Arisaka might earn me a trip to confession. 100 bucks with mum and Anti-Aircraft sights and clean bore and action.

Ive been looking for ammo for 8 months now. I don't buy it online ever and do not intend to. None of my local shops have had it in stock and the guns shows are hard to get to as I am a student currently and prefer to shoot in my spare time than hunt for my odd ball calibers. Once I find ammo ill do what markshere2 recommended and go from there. Thanks for the advice! If it doesn't shoot well I will post a picture of the chop shop job it will get and the first animal I harvest with it in the cursed configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by m308 View Post
    Ive been looking for ammo for 8 months now.
    FWIW, .30-06 brass + .311 Projos (7.62x54R or .303 donors) + sweat = 7.7 Jap.

Quote Originally Posted by m308 View Post
    I recently acquired a last ditch Arisaka 99 in 7.7 Jap for 50 bucks. She's got a badly cracked stock and is missing the barrel band for the forearm. Bore is decent considering all else. What do y'all think I should or shouldn't do?
    Thanks
    Sounds like a perfectly cromulent rifle, with a bit of effort.
    Use it as an excuse for a winter project, re-create a PLA Korean War Arisaka.
    Acquire a beat barrel band (either online or at Allentown, 1st weekend of December)
    Soak the stock clean.
    Brass pin the crack.
    Re-laquer it (just be careful if you do http://www.banzaionline.com/Rifles/Finish/UpM99Fin.htm )
    Roll some 7.7mm Jap.
    Go shoot it in the Spring.
    https://wwiiafterwwii.wordpress.com/...he-korean-war/
    Last edited by Story; November 19th, 2021 at 12:12 PM.

(Carbon County)

I'm headed to WV tomorrow for deer season and one of the guns I am taking is a Type 38 I recut to 6.5x 55 years ago. My type 99 re-barreled to 7x57 has to sit. I put a new scope on and did not get time to sight it in. I have hunted with many Arisakas I converted myself and some I bought and used. I bought one at a yard sale that someone had moved the barrel back about 1/2 inch and recut it to .300 Savage. I still see them pop up for sale. Mine was deadly at 100 yards with Remington factory ammunition. The MUM means nothing on a beater rifle. I would not worry about it. I started a cut & welded Type 99 a while back. I always wanted a .300 H & H. I just can't seem to get the time anymore.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12