Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Columbia County)

Default Re: politico; dimms should embrace gun culture

If the democrat party runs with this idea they will just change from supporting gun bans to restrict and register. What that means is you can have firearms but you have to jump through 30 hoops just to own it. They will just add in waiting periods , background checks including fingerprinting, police interviews, reference checks, and excessive fees just to buy a gun. Right after the Parkland school shooting a liberal congressman from Florida came up with an idea to create legislation that you can keep your AR 15 but you have to store it in an government run armory. This is just one example of this ploy.

In other words the democrats will just muddy the waters and claiming they are pro 2A , just like Bob Casey does, when in fact nothing can be further from the truth. Unfortunately some gun owners will buy into their scheme.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    so which party do you believe is more aligned with the Pro Gun citizenry of the USA? the marxists or the Republicans?
    Now which one do you think can be more easily swayed into voting for the rights of the citizens?
    What MUST happen are these weak kneed RINOs getting their asses pink slipped out of public service for a lifetime. Romney, Mitch the democratic bitch and the rest those 13 traitors voting for the democratic spending bill are a good start.
    The wishy washy rinos need to be cleaned out of office in the rinse cycle.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(York County)

I really don't want to start a flame war myself but remain respectful.

I'd like to keep the discussion focused on gun policy and firearm ownership issues, not the yawning political divide between Democrats and Republicans. The net effect every single time gun ownership and politics comes up is the same tired- Democrats are #*!*@ and anyone not a hard core Republican is a nincompoop (or something to that effect).

Derailing threads like this doesn't help people (like myself) who'd like to actually see discussion and not hard core partisan shouting matches.
    I think we know the passion with which you see issues. How about staying on topic and discussing policy issues on gun related politics without going off topic into rants which tend to end the very discussions this thread on the board is here to discuss?

Skeptical as I am myself about the democrats actually embracing any aspect of gun culture, it would open up a whole new playing field for gun rights advocates and lawful gun ownership wouldn't it?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ecclectic Collector View Post
    I really don't want to start a flame war myself but remain respectful.

I'd like to keep the discussion focused on gun policy and firearm ownership issues, not the yawning political divide between Democrats and Republicans. The net effect every single time gun ownership and politics comes up is the same tired- Democrats are #*!*@ and anyone not a hard core Republican is a nincompoop (or something to that effect).

Derailing threads like this doesn't help people (like myself) who'd like to actually see discussion and not hard core partisan shouting matches.
    I think we know the passion with which you see issues. How about staying on topic and discussing policy issues on gun related politics without going off topic into rants which tend to end the very discussions this thread on the board is here to discuss?

Skeptical as I am myself about the democrats actually embracing any aspect of gun culture, it would open up a whole new playing field for gun rights advocates and lawful gun ownership wouldn't it?
    Hear, hear... It's about time we had an adult in the room when it comes to these sorts of discussions.

-DoubleBarrels

(Bucks County)

I've turned a few into gun fans ....baby steps

(York County)

Its amazing how many lib/progressives don't know the following:
    -You can't simply buy a gun off the internet without going through a dealer to do paperwork
    -That more people are killed each year by hammers than so-called assault rifles
    -That the majority of people killed each year by gun are actually suicides (a failure of the health system)
    -That there are legitimate shooting sports involving handguns and military style rifles

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    But ironically, gun owners have gotten little for their fealty to the GOP.

Anyone else feeling this? The GOP is offering us a slower ride to disarmament, but the destination is the same.
    Mostly because the NRA decided a stalemate was better for fundraising than victories.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12