Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Spirit of Philadelphia dinner cruise---can I carry? Metal detectors? Searches?

I believe it used to be the "Spirit of 1776" dinner cruise but I can't find anything about metal detectors or being searched. I'm not going into Philly without my firearm either----so I was wondering if I can carry on board.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Berks County)

Default Re: Spirit of Philadelphia dinner cruise---can I carry? Metal detectors? Searches?

I won't go to Philthytown with a firearm. If you have to use it, you'll get the Kyle Rittenhouse treatment. Let 'em all go bankrupt for lack of business.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Spirit of Philadelphia dinner cruise---can I carry? Metal detectors? Searches?

I'm going to put a decent wager there's a no firearms sign but they won't search/wand you. However you'll be in NJ territory at some point so that's something to keep in mind too. Tough call.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    I'm going to put a decent wager there's a no firearms sign but they won't search/wand you. However you'll be in NJ territory at some point so that's something to keep in mind too. Tough call.
    Correct. There was a thread about this but it was from 2012 and a few people stated this as well.
    Regarding the response from Walleye*I agree and I have not been in the city for quite some time. But it*s an event I committed to and if they give me a problem we*ll simply leave.
    The city sucks and I*m not going in unarmed as my wife is with me as well. I*m responsible for her before myself.

Last time I took spirit of philadelphia there were no metal detectors. That was about 5 years ago. I can't imagine that changing, but who knows.

(Northampton County)

I have been on the ship multiple times for work and there were never any searches or detectors. It has been a few years though.

(Bucks County)

I can confirm there were no metal detectors or searches of any kind. Just a few ticket takers with their hands behind their back until the collect your tickets*that was it.

Also, unofficially checking my GPS at various points it never seemed to cross that imaginary boundary to NJ with the exception when we turned around near the Betsy Ross bridge. But it was brief and not even sure if the state line was breached.

But, I really didn*t care*being it was the same day as the Rittenhouse acquittal*I wasn*t taking any chances.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    I can confirm there were no metal detectors or searches of any kind. Just a few ticket takers with their hands behind their back until the collect your tickets*that was it.

Also, unofficially checking my GPS at various points it never seemed to cross that imaginary boundary to NJ with the exception when we turned around near the Betsy Ross bridge. But it was brief and not even sure if the state line was breached.

But, I really didn*t care*being it was the same day as the Rittenhouse acquittal*I wasn*t taking any chances.
    Good to know, and the info about the GPS is interesting!

How's the food on there anyway?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Good to know, and the info about the GPS is interesting!

How's the food on there anyway?
    The food was decent. They have good gluten free and low carb options. Some of the food was good and some sucked*but overall it was worth it and we had a good time.