Quote Originally Posted by Spaceballs View Post
I may have read the original statement wrong.

I understood it as "The lawyer wouldn't let me see ANY shrink he knows, not THAT SPECIFIC shrink."

I would think though that if the lawyer believe the OP had a valid case he would use whatever the appropriate resource was to prove that case in court. If the lawyer wasn't willing to use his psychiatric resource it tells me the lawyer didn't think the case was a winner.

That was what I was getting at.

I mean why have an expert shrink witness if you don't ever use him?

Also why would the OP need THAT shrink? Go to ANY shrink who is willing to testify. For that matter, go to ANY lawyer. If the first one doesn't want to help you, pick a different one.

What I'm getting at is that the whole OP seems like it is lacking some key relevant information.

I've had trouble finding attorneys who specialize in this type of work. It seems like there are only a handful in the Pittsburgh area. I don't know who has a good track record and my attorneys that I use for real estate transfers and when I had a client that didn't want to pay their $10,000 bill doesn't handle these kinds of cases. I could use a good recommendation.

As to using a specific psychiatrist, WHY NOT JUST ANY, is because there are very few who will do a fitness for gun ownership evaluation. It's a specialty that most psychiatrists and psychologists do not do. Fortunately, I've received an excellent recommendation for someone very experienced in this field and am going to consult them.

Tom