Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (York County)

Default Re: Psychiatric Evaluation for Fitness of Gun Ownership Psychiatrist Recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    You don't owe anyone any more info about your personal life than you care to volunteer.

You came here to ask a legitimate question and got the typical "this guy seems shady" response.
    Just ignore the people who aren't interested in helping you.
    FTR, I don't think he 'owes' anything at all.

I do think more info would lead to more help.
    DGAF

Default Re: Psychiatric Evaluation for Fitness of Gun Ownership Psychiatrist Recommendation

Tom, contact directly either GunLawyer or SigForLife for info as to how to proceed. GTF off this thread. If your case is a tough one, PSP will find this thread and use it against you. Mark my words, Bro. You need legal advice from a PA Bar Licensed attorney. SigForLife has already given you a stellar recommendation for a Psychologist. Call him!!! However well intentioned the advice folks here have given you, responding to them will only dig you deeper into a hole. DON'T DO IT. Contact either Gun Lawyer and/or SigForLife. Expect to pay substantial sums of $$$$ both for lawyer assistance AND for the evaluative assistance of the Psychologist whom either recommends. Did I say this won't be cheap?"

I'll close with this: if you retain one of these lawyers and you get referred to a Psychologist whom they recommend, and you retain that Psychologist, and you get asked by said Psychologist: "have you withheld any information as to you character/legal, psychological, intimate partner history from me (the evaluator)?, you had better be able truthfully to say NO. Because if you did, PSP will already know about it. You will then be screwed.

Getting back your 2A is NOT a walk in the park, Bro, especially, and get this, if PSP does believe your attorney and your Psychologist, but doesn't believe you because you withheld substantive information from both of them. You WILL be subject to cross-examination if PSP wants to make an issue of it. And if you lose the argument, you are indeed doubly screwed.

Edit: 20Nov21 - https://foac-pac.org/PA-Gun-Rights-Attorneys

You need a lawyer. PERIOD.

Good luck, Sir

TB605
    Last edited by TangoBravo605; November 20th, 2021 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Additional information

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123