Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: GOA ALERT: Pennsylvania House Passes Constitutional Carry

Quote Originally Posted by vfinnell View Post
    We got a recorded vote in both chambers. That means that we know who is with us and who isn't. We had some surprises like Bob Brooks who voted against it. Also, we forced the Governor to veto it so we can transfer the blame to Josh Shapiro. Gun rights will now be a defining issue in the 2022 election. We also have a short list of those to primary should there be a challenger.

It also removes the excuse down the line that "we don't have enough votes to pass it." We have a bill that already made it through both chambers and assuming the makeup is similar, we can hold their feet to the fire.
    Are you assuming Shapiro will win the Governor's Race already ?

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    OMG you really still believe in that crap. They are playing a game. They always have. It only passed because it would be vetoed with no chance of an override.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    OMG you really still believe in that crap. They are playing a game. They always have. It only passed because it would be vetoed with no chance of an override.
    It's not what I believe, it's how the process actually works. I am fully aware that we will have to push hard to get this through even with a favorable Governor. But this is the first time we have ever had any traction. And it wasn't just traction, it actually passed both chambers. That's HUGE.

Trust me when I say that gun rights will be the defining issue of this election and we WILL hold their feet to the fire to get this signed into law. 21 other states have already passed Constitutional Carry and Ohio may be the 22nd. The time has come, folks. We just need a good, pro-gun Governor. Not a RINO.

If you are interested in taking our Grassroots Activism Course to learn how we approach things at GOA and why we've been successful, I am happy to get a short, 2 hour version for you in your area. Just let me know.
    Val W. Finnell, MD, MPH | Pennsylvania Director, Gun Owners of America | 703-321-8585

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by rangeofficer View Post
    Are you assuming Shapiro will win the Governor's Race already ?
    No, I am assuming that we'll get a pro-gun Governor and defeat Josh Shapiro. That's the goal. And now we have Shapiro on record opposing Constitutional Carry and will lay the blame right where it belongs along with his other anti-gun moves.
    Val W. Finnell, MD, MPH | Pennsylvania Director, Gun Owners of America | 703-321-8585

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by rangeofficer View Post
    Exactly ! People are tired of the theatrics.
    We are hitting the 8 RINOs who voted against SB 565 pretty hard and are going to be involved in primary races. We connect the voting record in legislative season with election season. Once that is done (and we've already started), they will learn that it is in their best interest to vote for Constitutional Carry. Most of them got the message already. This is all part of our training course and we offer a short version of it if you are interested in bringing it to you area. It's a good opportunity for me to meet you and other interested folks, too.

(Juniata County)

It's not what I believe, it's how the process actually works. I am fully aware that we will have to push hard to get this through even with a favorable Governor. But this is the first time we have ever had any traction. And it wasn't just traction, it actually passed both chambers. That's HUGE.

Trust me when I say that gun rights will be the defining issue of this election and we WILL hold their feet to the fire to get this signed into law. 21 other states have already passed Constitutional Carry and Ohio may be the 22nd. The time has come, folks. We just need a good, pro-gun Governor. Not a RINO.

If you are interested in taking our Grassroots Activism Course to learn how we approach things at GOA and why we've been successful, I am happy to get a short, 2 hour version for you in your area. Just let me know.

Exactly. People like to complain about how bad it is, but you only have to look at where Pennsylvania was before FOAC, and where we are now and there is clear improvement, and now that GOA is a thing, that is helping even more.

And Pennsylvania does not have stupid laws like *no church carry* no bar carry, no here or there carry, no duty to notify. When you actually look at the laws, state by state, Pennsylvania has it pretty good, and it even with the many improvements in other States, we are often still ahead, but that is no reason not to push.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Let s do it here in W PA.

No, I am assuming that we'll get a pro-gun Governor and defeat Josh Shapiro. That's the goal. And now we have Shapiro on record opposing Constitutional Carry and will lay the blame right where it belongs along with his other anti-gun moves.
    Understood, thank you for the concise response.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123