Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Washington County)

Default Morgantown WV Gun Show 11/13/21-11/14/21

Has anyone gone? I’m not too far, thought about heading down there to check out a different show for a change. I usually stick to the Washington PA and Monroeville shows. I’m guessing it will be similar but maybe not?
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Morgantown WV Gun Show 11/13/21-11/14/21

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    Has anyone gone? I*m not too far, thought about heading down there to check out a different show for a change. I usually stick to the Washington PA and Monroeville shows. I*m guessing it will be similar but maybe not?
    I've gone to this show at Mylan Park several times. Yes, it is similar to the Monroeville show but not as big, it's nowhere as big as Washington Fairgrounds show. Not a bad show, I had found a few vendors there that did not come to the PA shows, but recently I have seen a couple of them actually at the last Monroeville show. It's an easy drive from PA if you can get to I79 easily, the park complex is about 2-3 miles off of the exit where Sportsmen's Warehouse is. Bonus is a Tim Horton's in the convenience store plaza right at the exit too.

Last show a couple of months ago had the tables well spread out, even more spacing than Monroeville, which is not a bad thing. Some vendors with steel targets that were interesting. The only thing that sucked for me is that I am mostly a pistol guy, so its a PITA to have to have a pistol shipped to an FFL here in PA to buy, takes all of the cost savings away on a good deal. The other thing is that because there are no transfer restrictions on firearm purchases between WV residents (pistol OR long gun), you will get a lot of the tables that may have a sign as "private seller" and it has been my experience that those sellers are not really interested in selling a pistol that they have to then take to an FFL (even one at that show) and shipping it to PA, so maybe about 15% of the tables were like that if I had to estimate. I found a Ruger Blackhawk with a birdshead grip in .357 that I wanted, but it was a private seller and I couldn't even get them to ship the gun to me via FFL. Oh well.

Its between going to the Altoona show or this one on Sunday morning, this one is bigger than Altoona and I did find some Garand ammo and clips last time so I do favor this show.

(Washington County)

I*m glad I went this morning. Decent show and barely any crowd until 1030-11. Nice how spread out the tables are. It seemed like it was half the size of a washington show or less but the vendors were mostly unknown to me so that made up for it. Hell the lack of a crowd made it simply enjoyable and worthwhile. Picked up a few odds and ends, BS*d with a few people. I*ll go there again before I go to Monroeville.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Westmoreland County)

I made it there right at about 11am on Sunday. I was mainly looking for a few accessories, last time there I was able to buy some Garand ammo and a 15 round Hellcat mag, but I didn't see any 15 rounders this time, just the 13 rounders. I didn't see many guns being sold in the time I was there, and overheard a couple of the dealers just saying that even they did not believe the prices that were there. I think I saw more JM marked Marlins than Garands and Carbines in the room. The show this time was bigger than the last show, but still with the nice spread out spacing. Sadly, I bought the only thing that the price did not surprise me with, pickles.

Cheapest boxes of 9mm target/practice that I saw was $20/box, most was $25/box. Case prices that I saw marked were still around .40 per round. There was ammo in the room, including most hunting calibers if you needed it, but no bargains that I saw. Others may have found deals, and I still like this show, actually I prefer it to Monroeville shows most times.

(Washington County)

I hate pickles. Had to hold down my barf when I saw the pickle vendor.

I found aluminum USGI 30 round M16 mags for $7 ea, tan followers, made by center industries. They are the ones that dont like to drop free but I thought that was still a good buy.

I can never pass by 3/$20 parachute flares.

The best deal I found was a Surefire Hellfighter rail mount for the M2 Browning machine gun for $20. It*s missing a few parts but I can add those and it*s worth $250ish.

Did you see the Cobray M11/9 semi closed bolt 16* carbine? That guy was really pushing it on me but I wasn*t looking for guns.

(Westmoreland County)

OOOH, I did see the parachute flares and thought I needed a few. Forgot them in my pickle frenzy. I did not see the Cobray, but probably because i was more looking for accessories than new guns, as you mentioned.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by VooDoo1VooDoo1 View Post
    I've gone to this show at Mylan Park several times. Yes, it is similar to the Monroeville show but not as big, it's nowhere as big as Washington Fairgrounds show. Not a bad show, I had found a few vendors there that did not come to the PA shows, but recently I have seen a couple of them actually at the last Monroeville show. It's an e

The only thing that sucked for me is that I am mostly a pistol guy, so its a PITA to have to have a pistol shipped to an FFL here in PA to buy, takes all of the cost savings away on a good deal. The other thing is that because there are no transfer restrictions on firearm purchases between WV residents (pistol OR long gun), you will get a lot of the tables that may have a sign as "private seller" and it has been my experience that those sellers are not really interested in selling a pistol that they have to then take to an FFL (even one at that show) and shipping it to PA, so maybe about 15% of the tables were like that if I had to estimate. I found a Ruger Blackhawk with a birdshead grip in .357 that I wanted, but it was a private seller and I couldn't even get them to ship the gun to me via FFL. Oh well.
    Hate to ask a dumb question here, but if it's a private sale, what's to stop you from giving the guy his money and driving the gun back to PA with you? Does the seller ask to see your driver's license?

(Washington County)

Sounds like that*s between him, the seller, and his god of choice.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by fritz1255 View Post
    Hate to ask a dumb question here, but if it's a private sale, what's to stop you from giving the guy his money and driving the gun back to PA with you? Does the seller ask to see your driver's license?
    It's a violation of federal law for non-FFLs from one state to purchase firearms from non-FFLs in another state.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Chester County)

Okay that explains why I have had to show proof of PA residency ( driver's license) for private sale transactions in the past