Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Gun owner tries to board plane with gun at Erie "International" Airport

Saw this on TV, where they said it was a revolver. lol.

https://www.yourerie.com/news/local-...-erie-airport/
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Erie, Pennsylvania (WJET/WFXP/YourErie.com) * An Erie County man is facing a couple thousand dollar fine for bringing a loaded handgun in a carry-on bag at the Erie International Airport.

On Monday, Transportation Security Administration (TSA) officers at the Erie International Airport (ERI) detected a .380 caliber handgun in a carry-on bag of an Erie County man. The gun was loaded with five bullets.

The gun was detected by a TSA officer in the checkpoint X-ray machine. The man now faces a stiff federal financial penalty for carrying a gun to the security checkpoint.

According to TSA, when an individual shows up at a checkpoint with a firearm, the checkpoint lane comes to a standstill until the police resolve the incident. Guns at checkpoints can delay travelers from getting to their gates.

TSA can issue a $3,000 to $13,910 civil penalty to travelers who have loaded guns and gun parts with them at a checkpoint. This applies to travelers with or without concealed gun carry permits because even though an individual may have a concealed carry permit, it does not allow for a firearm to be carried onto an airplane. The complete list of civil penalties is posted online. If a traveler with a gun is a member of TSA PreCheck®, that individual will lose their TSA PreCheck privileges.

Nationwide, TSA officers detected 3,257 firearms on passengers or their carry-on bags at checkpoints last year, although the total number of passengers screened at airport checkpoints across the country fell by 500 million compared to 2019 due to the pandemic. The result was that twice as many firearms per million passengers screened were detected at checkpoints in 2020 compared to 2019. In 2020, TSA caught approximately 10 firearms per million passengers as compared to about five firearms per million passengers in 2019. Of the guns caught by TSA in 2020, about 83 percent were loaded.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What an idiot. Maybe he thought it wouldn't be noticed in all the hubub of the many flights departing today (all five flights).

Ruger LCP. They had a photo.

It didn't say whether the guy was arrested.

Edit:
    On looking at this photo, something seems fishy about this story, besides the name not being released, and no arrest made. Take a look at the 380 rounds:

safe_image.jpg
    Last edited by SevenMilePete; November 9th, 2021 at 02:05 AM.

(Erie County)

Default Re: Gun owner tries to board plane with gun at Erie "International" Airport

My sister in law works for the FAA at EIA, aka Tom Ridge Field. They asked her to be the person trying to get through security with a gun once.
    They "caught" her. She said it was kind of scary, wondering if security would shoot her, or what.
    The most dangerous place in America is a "gun free" zone.

(Erie County)

Default Re: Gun owner tries to board plane with gun at Erie "International" Airport

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    My sister in law works for the FAA at EIA, aka Tom Ridge Field. They asked her to be the person trying to get through security with a gun once.
    They "caught" her. She said it was kind of scary, wondering if security would shoot her, or what.
    Truckman, take a look at those .380 "bullets" Those are snap caps or dummy rounds aren't they? I have three types of .380 ammo. None look like this. And I've shot probably 15 or 20 other types of FMJ. None look like those. All one color, no clear bullet showing. I'm thinking this was BS. Like your sister's test.

Glad they didn't shoot her! I wouldn't want to try that at ERI. lol

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    Take a look at the 380 rounds:

safe_image.jpg
    Fiocchi .380 has brass-colored projectiles
    https://www.bulkammo.com/bulk-380-ac...mjfiocchi-1000

(Allegheny County)

Did they confiscate the gun?

Maybe I should contact the perp and ask if they want to buy my BG .380. I can include some normal ammo with it too.

Call me an extremist, but I think it should just be legal to take your gun on a plane, and this won't be a problem.

As far as the ammo, it does look a little weird. Some of the cases look short and the projectile look long

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by tallbump View Post
    Call me an extremist, but I think it should just be legal to take your gun on a plane, and this won't be a problem.

As far as the ammo, it does look a little weird. Some of the cases look short and the projectile look long
    'Extremist' isn't the word I would use. Used for good reasons or bad, putting a hole in the hull of a pressurized airplane yields disastrous results.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    'Extremist' isn't the word I would use. Used for good reasons or bad, putting a hole in the hull of a pressurized airplane yields disastrous results.
    That is horse shit. A round going through the hull of a pressurized air craft does not pose any danger as the system can compensate for the hole. Airplanes are not sealed tight they leak. Now If the round takes a window out that can cause rapid decompression and that is not a good
    We the people love our country so let the government fear us.

(Montgomery County)

I think the pic is just potato level camera.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by chp1911 View Post
    That is horse shit. A round going through the hull of a pressurized air craft does not pose any danger as the system can compensate for the hole. Airplanes are not sealed tight they leak. Now If the round takes a window out that can cause rapid decompression and that is not a good
    I dunno, I'm not interested in finding out the hard way. Maybe you could give us a demonstration.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast