Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Gun owner tries to board plane with gun at Erie "International" Airport

Dummas award ! I forgot the firearm was there ,what a lame excuse ! Ulterior motives are always in question ! Could have declared the firearm and all would be well in addition to secured differently .Fine his ass !

(Berks County)

Default Re: Gun owner tries to board plane with gun at Erie "International" Airport

Meh, if he was a foreigner they'd have just left him go.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    Saw this on TV, where they said it was a revolver. lol.

https://www.yourerie.com/news/local-...-erie-airport/
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Erie, Pennsylvania (WJET/WFXP/YourErie.com) * An Erie County man is facing a couple thousand dollar fine for bringing a loaded handgun in a carry-on bag at the Erie International Airport.

On Monday, Transportation Security Administration (TSA) officers at the Erie International Airport (ERI) detected a .380 caliber handgun in a carry-on bag of an Erie County man. The gun was loaded with five bullets.

The gun was detected by a TSA officer in the checkpoint X-ray machine. The man now faces a stiff federal financial penalty for carrying a gun to the security checkpoint.

According to TSA, when an individual shows up at a checkpoint with a firearm, the checkpoint lane comes to a standstill until the police resolve the incident. Guns at checkpoints can delay travelers from getting to their gates.

TSA can issue a $3,000 to $13,910 civil penalty to travelers who have loaded guns and gun parts with them at a checkpoint. This applies to travelers with or without concealed gun carry permits because even though an individual may have a concealed carry permit, it does not allow for a firearm to be carried onto an airplane. The complete list of civil penalties is posted online. If a traveler with a gun is a member of TSA PreCheck®, that individual will lose their TSA PreCheck privileges.

Nationwide, TSA officers detected 3,257 firearms on passengers or their carry-on bags at checkpoints last year, although the total number of passengers screened at airport checkpoints across the country fell by 500 million compared to 2019 due to the pandemic. The result was that twice as many firearms per million passengers screened were detected at checkpoints in 2020 compared to 2019. In 2020, TSA caught approximately 10 firearms per million passengers as compared to about five firearms per million passengers in 2019. Of the guns caught by TSA in 2020, about 83 percent were loaded.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What an idiot. Maybe he thought it wouldn't be noticed in all the hubub of the many flights departing today (all five flights).

Ruger LCP. They had a photo.

It didn't say whether the guy was arrested.

Edit:
    On looking at this photo, something seems fishy about this story, besides the name not being released, and no arrest made. Take a look at the 380 rounds:

Attachment 151764
    Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    Truckman, take a look at those .380 "bullets" Those are snap caps or dummy rounds aren't they? I have three types of .380 ammo. None look like this. And I've shot probably 15 or 20 other types of FMJ. None look like those. All one color, no clear bullet showing. I'm thinking this was BS. Like your sister's test.

Glad they didn't shoot her! I wouldn't want to try that at ERI. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    Fiocchi .380 has brass-colored projectiles
    https://www.bulkammo.com/bulk-380-ac...mjfiocchi-1000
    The rounds are legit. I have the same ones for plinking.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Did they confiscate the gun?

Maybe I should contact the perp and ask if they want to buy my BG .380. I can include some normal ammo with it too.
    I'm sure they confiscated the gun. I'd reach out if I was you, it would probably be cheaper for the perp to buy another 380 pistol if they still have some ammo laying around.

This may be news in Erie, but between Pittsburgh and Latrobe this year they have caught about 40 people with loaded guns in a carry on bag.

Standard procedure (until the last month or so), if the person caught had a LTCF, they would confiscate the firearm but let the individual continue on to their destination, with either a summons to appear mailed to them later or a fine assessed later. Since it has been almost crazy how many they were catching, they have modified the process at Pittsburgh to where the TSA is reporting the LTCF holder to the issuing agency in an attempt to get their LTCF pulled.

I used to travel extensively for work, and have had two run ins with TSA, neither for a firearm. Once was a full speed loader and once was for a new in the package mag for a Sig P938 (Dallas in the first case, Orlando in the second). The speed loader (accidentally left in a backpack after working in Philly the week before) was confiscated and I was sure it was going to place me on a strip search list somewhere for all of my airline travel, but, thankfully it did not. The mag was new in a sealed blister pack and I was not aware that was not allowed. In that case, the Orlando PD at the checkpoint was pretty cool. The TSA guy wanted to confiscate the mag but the PO walked me back to a UPS shipping box at the airport and I shipped it to myself before going back through the security checkpoint. If those Sig mags were not so expensive I would have just let them take it and gone on my way, but it was over $50 and the 7-rounders were not available locally at that time.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by chp1911 View Post
    That is horse shit. A round going through the hull of a pressurized air craft does not pose any danger as the system can compensate for the hole. Airplanes are not sealed tight they leak. Now If the round takes a window out that can cause rapid decompression and that is not a good
    Mythbusters proved that a round through a window doesn't do that.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Mythbusters proved that a round through a window doesn't do that.
    Correct, a round through a window does not , But, a round that takes a window out is a different story
    We the people love our country so let the government fear us.

(Berks County)

OK, demonstration's been done, we cool.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12