Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    (York County)

Default Re: ⚠️ Report: Pa. ranked one of the deadliest states for winter driving crashes

I'm proof stupid happens...

Last month we had 'icy mix'. Which was really just "ice".

Failed to garage both cars prior. While it was underway, I went out to move my wife's car about 20' into the garage before too much accumulated.

I failed to consider her car had nearing-end-of-life shitty stock tires on it.

I failed to consider that our driveway at that point has a very slight downgrade.

I never even touched the gas. I just had to move it 20' straight forward into the garage. I put it in gear, took my foot off the brake, it rolled forward, then went sideways. Slid about 50' downhill. My very best efforts merely got it off the pavement onto grass, where it stopped, prevented it sliding out into the road or into a ditch.

Yes. I shoulda known better. Mea Culpa.

It stayed where it stopped until the shit melted, and went for new tires the next day.
    DGAF

(Chester County)

Default Re: ⚠️ Report: Pa. ranked one of the deadliest states for winter driving crashes

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I rolled the dice and I'm running the tires that are on them.

So far so good. Not really concerned 3/4 of the way through winter now.
    Global warming does have some advantages.

And long after you and I are gone, PA residents will have beachfront property.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    I'm proof stupid happens...

Last month we had 'icy mix'. Which was really just "ice".

Failed to garage both cars prior. While it was underway, I went out to move my wife's car about 20' into the garage before too much accumulated.

I failed to consider her car had nearing-end-of-life shitty stock tires on it.

I failed to consider that our driveway at that point has a very slight downgrade.

I never even touched the gas. I just had to move it 20' straight forward into the garage. I put it in gear, took my foot off the brake, it rolled forward, then went sideways. Slid about 50' downhill. My very best efforts merely got it off the pavement onto grass, where it stopped, prevented it sliding out into the road or into a ditch.

Yes. I shoulda known better. Mea Culpa.

It stayed where it stopped until the shit melted, and went for new tires the next day.
    Very slight downgrade is putting it gently when referring to your driveway bud lol

Glad to hear you were able to get your car onto the grass without sliding out onto a road etc . hopefully Spring will be not too far away .

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Very slight downgrade is putting it gently when referring to your driveway bud lol
    The parking pad around front of the house is pretty level actually. But yeah, the actual driveway 'twixt house & workshop... damned-fine sledding there
    DGAF

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456