Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: ⚠️ Report: Pa. ranked one of the deadliest states for winter driving crashes

I've been watching some early 'Deadliest Catch' since Mrs. Walleye subscribed to the Discovery channel.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Default Re: ⚠️ Report: Pa. ranked one of the deadliest states for winter driving crashes

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    "Pretty steep hills". Erie. I LOL'd.
    Lol, fair enough. I have been through Pittsburg, through State College and all the way down to Harrisburg and in comparison, yes, Erie is flat as a pancake.

I was speaking specifically to Erie itself thought. There are two places that Erie drivers tend to struggle with in the winter

(Monroe County)

I wonder what the ratio of deaths are in the eastern 3rd of the state vs the rest. The New Jersey/New York idiots seem to be the ones that can't drive in snow. Hell, they can't drive when conditions are good.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by TDIfan View Post
    I wonder what the ratio of deaths are in the eastern 3rd of the state vs the rest. The New Jersey/New York idiots seem to be the ones that can't drive in snow. Hell, they can't drive when conditions are good.
    It doesn’t snow very much in Puerto Rico.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    It doesn*t snow very much in Puerto Rico.
    And it never rains in Kalifornia.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by TDIfan View Post
    Snow driving is much easier in places like Erie or New England where the weather is consistent.

Driving is SEPA is much harder, because the weather changes so frequently, from snow, to sleet, to freezing rain, to black ice, back to slushy wet snow, to ice, freezing at night, thawing in the day, refreezing at night, nor*easter, ice storm, etc. etc. etc.

Not much of a surprise .

The way people drive in my area when it snows is scary .

Just because you have 4wd ( as do I ) you need to slow down due to the conditions.

Hard to stop or turn when the road is slippery.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by flatstick View Post
    Not much of a surprise .

The way people drive in my area when it snows is scary .

Just because you have 4wd ( as do I ) you need to slow down due to the conditions.

Hard to stop or turn when the road is slippery.
    Many people today never played asteroids as a kid.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    "Irregularly"... On that note...

Is it worth spending the money on new tires just on the off chance we get some snow covered roads once or twice this coming winter?

I have always tried to have decent tires on the vehicles heading into winter. In the past, I kept winter and summer tires/wheels to simply swap out at home.

Right now, I have two vehicles with maybe "half tread" left on their tires. Plenty of life left, but not what I want for snow.
    Put new tires on BOTH cars? Not possible. As always, multiple unexpected expenses leave me scratching my head - do I spend money I don't really have to equip ONE vehicle with new tires, or just roll the dice and see if I can get through the winter on the tires as they are?

I always badmouthed people who run tires not suitable for winter driving during the winter, but here I am now... understanding why many of them probably do it. (although I can't completely dismiss "stupidity" either)
    Junkyard rims and dedicated snow tires.

Yes its a big layout once, but 3X safer than pushing your luck.

Summer tires last longer, winter tires last longer and all you gotta do is swap em out 2x annually.
    Last edited by markshere2; February 19th, 2022 at 07:46 PM.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Allegheny County)

I rolled the dice and I'm running the tires that are on them.

So far so good. Not really concerned 3/4 of the way through winter now.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast