Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Jefferson County)

Default Re: Straight wall rifle special reg areas

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy View Post
    Nice! Always wanted a 41 special revolver.

I've got my marlin 1894 .357 sighted in with my hand load at 100 yds. Cast 158 grain swc powder coated over w296 going about 1725fps. Hoping to get out at least twice before it's over.
    Just buy a .41Mag revolver and some .41Mag brass, cut the brass down to 1.165" = instant .41Spl.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Yeah, a Warden could get you. If I remember correctly, the mod to the gun has to be of the type that couldn't readily be changed in the field.

With the Kali Key being a simple 3 second change on an AR platform - you could possibly run afoul of the law. Now, if you removed the gas tube and block(blocking the gas port) - that would likely pass inspection.
    This is an example of what I'm talking about. There is no requirement in the statute or in court precedent (that I can find) that says the modification has to irreversible in the field. That requirement was made up out of whole cloth by the fudds at PCG.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    This is an example of what I'm talking about. There is no requirement in the statute or in court precedent (that I can find) that says the modification has to irreversible in the field. That requirement was made up out of whole cloth by the fudds at PCG.
    Sometimes you just have to play the hand you're dealt if you want to keep playing the game.

The PAGC has immense regulatory powers, and if they are giving an avenue for you to travel - you do have an option. A dedicated hunter typically has multiple different rifles for various species/seasons. Building a "PA compliant"(note the quotation) AR hunting rifle might be a thing to do for those that really want to hunt with that platform until we can get semi-auto centerfires authorized for large game. ....a Kali Key and blocked gas port barrel upper wouldn't be too much of a build.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Bucks County)

Too many incidents of guns taken into evidence or for examination by law enforcement figures followed by refusals to return/unable to find/damaged from rotten storage methods/requiring court order et cetera.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Bucks County)

I am only recounting my personal circumstance. While the PGC has considerable pull, they are not the legislator and have no authority to add to an existing statute. I had no idea how poorly trained their enforcement people were until I made my foil request.
    I also had no idea what officious pricks some of their officers could be until I started calling to speak with them about questions I had.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    I am only recounting my personal circumstance. While the PGC has considerable pull, they are not the legislator and have no authority to add to an existing statute. I had no idea how poorly trained their enforcement people were until I made my foil request.
    I also had no idea what officious pricks some of their officers could be until I started calling to speak with them about questions I had.
    You spelled Fudds wrong.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Bucks County)

Personal face-to-face with a WCO, brought up the AR 15 use question (it was being kicked around at the time). She decidedly announced it was not going to happen. Coulda sworn I also heard a gavel bang down.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Bucks County)

See?!

(Bucks County)

Pa. is one of the last if not THE last state that prohibits semiautos for big game.
    The fudds started that shit in 1907, if I remember rightly. Along with their ridiculous No Sunday Hunting blue laws.

Fortunately, many of the fudds are dropping dead and being replaced (even the 'Rona has an upside I guess). Not fast enough to make a difference in most of our lifetimes, but it's a start.

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Yeah, a Warden could get you. If I remember correctly, the mod to the gun has to be of the type that couldn't readily be changed in the field.

With the Kali Key being a simple 3 second change on an AR platform - you could possibly run afoul of the law. Now, if you removed the gas tube and block(blocking the gas port) - that would likely pass inspection.
    How could you change it back with no bolt?
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast