Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: We're Living In Mad Max Times Case Example #345

This is turning out to be a weekly thing. Scary if you get caught up in it. Cops do nothing and almost never arrest anyone even when they damage stuff

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I never shot in a situation like that. Just wondering, would you have to lead a lot? I guess it depends on the speed of both cars.
    no, both cars are moving at the same speed, and so are your buckshot pellets,
    aim point on, no lead
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinPhilly View Post
    This is turning out to be a weekly thing. Scary if you get caught up in it. Cops do nothing and almost never arrest anyone even when they damage stuff
    The blame for that falls squarely on Krasner and Kenney.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    aim point on, no lead

Meanwhile, meet Scott Thomas

ABINGTON TOWNSHIP, PA * A Philadelphia man has been charged in connection with the road rage shooting of a truck driver Wednesday morning, according to Abington Township Police.

Police said Scott Thomas, 21, of Philadelphia, is charged with aggravated assault, recklessly endangering another person, possession of an instrument of crime, and more after authorities said he shot a Pepsi truck driver at about 8:20 a.m. at 1575 The Fairway in the Jenkintown section of Abington.

Police were called to the area in the morning for a report of a road rage incident with shots fired.

Authorities found the victim, who said a white van pulled in front of him and stopped abruptly, suffering from a bullet graze wound.

Police said the van's driver, later identified as Thomas, got out of the van and approached the Pepsi truck.

At some point, Thomas pulled a gun out, police said.

Thomas and the truck driver struggled, and the driver was struck in the head with the gun, police said.

Police said after he was struck, the gun went off, grazing the driver's hip.

That's when police allege Thomas drove off in the white van, but was stopped by police on Rodman Avenue near Old York Road at about 10 a.m.

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/abing...ublic-abington
    Last edited by Story; April 5th, 2023 at 04:47 PM.

(Bucks County)

aim point on, no lead
    How does it affect the shot string?
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Why skip the first one? It's the story of how he became Mad Max. It's a good story, with hokey acting and horrible sound work. When they chevy gets smashed by the bikers, you can see the zoomies fall off the hood, they were just glued on.
    valid points but i've always just looked at mad max as "austrailia after the bomb." story done, on with the tinned dog food.
    i recall accepting the acting and such just found the movie extremely "long and boring" feeling.

as for the shot, whether you would need to lead or not is a question of distance i think, the foreward movement will cease the second it leaves the barrel at a rate determined by wind resistance, no?
    if it were me, and having never completed high school very well could be wrong, but if shooting into the next lane, i'd aim straight on.
    if shooting at a distance like in the thumbnail, i'd be aiming around the hood/front end.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    valid points but i've always just looked at mad max as "austrailia after the bomb." story done, on with the tinned dog food.
    i recall accepting the acting and such just found the movie extremely "long and boring" feeling.

as for the shot, whether you would need to lead or not is a question of distance i think, the foreward movement will cease the second it leaves the barrel at a rate determined by wind resistance, no?
    if it were me, and having never completed high school very well could be wrong, but if shooting into the next lane, i'd aim straight on.
    if shooting at a distance like in the thumbnail, i'd be aiming around the hood/front end.
    Windage, amigo, windage.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

aim point on, no lead
    Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post

Yeah, as soon as the projectile(s) leave the barrel the vehicles will pull away from their trajectory.

Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    Man Killed in Apparent Road Rage Shooting in South Philadelphia
    https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...-dead/3538696/
    Man Charged in Deadly Road Rage Shooting in South Philadelphia
    https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...lphia/3541380/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123