Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default How to know it's time to sell your guns

I've been thinking about it for some time. I have amassed a dozen firearms over the years. I would still buy more if I could. Problem is I hardly shoot them. There are times that I do not go to the range even once in a whole year. It's gotten so bad that I actually forget how to work my handguns. Is it single or double? It' embarrassing. There is no interest in the family to pick up the tradition either. So, as much as I hate saying it, I need to get rid of them one by one. I probably keep one handgun and my beloved double. Even that's too many. Next: how to sell? That's whole 'nother question.

(Montgomery County)

Default How to know it's time to sell your guns

I've been thinking about it for some time. I have amassed a dozen firearms over the years. I would still buy more if I could. Problem is I hardly shoot them. There are times that I do not go to the range even once in a whole year. It's gotten so bad that I actually forget how to work my handguns. Is it single or double? It' embarrassing. There is no interest in the family to pick up the tradition either. So, as much as I hate saying it, I need to get rid of them one by one. I probably keep one handgun and my beloved double. Even that's too many. Next: how to sell? That's whole 'nother question.

Default Re: How to know it's time to sell your guns

We are in the same boat, more guns than we have any use for. Did a couple of gun shows and sold off some the last few months. The pistols seem to have good interest but the long guns are going to be a struggle.
    Last gun show sold off a bunch of reloading stuff, powder-primers-lead bullets. The only good thing is that supply and demand are in our favor at the present time.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    You know this site has a Classifieds sub-forum...

(Allegheny County)

I'm on my phone, or I'd post the weeping Indian animated gif.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    You know this site has a Classifieds sub-forum...
    That's where I've sold three out of the last four. Always gotten pretty close to my asking price too.

(York County)

I know the snarky answer is "NEVER!" but that's not the case with me.

I'm no 'collector'. That's a whole different thing. To me, a gun I don't shoot is a gun better-served by belonging to someone else who will. And I consider practical factors like ammo. I have guns in 4 calibers: .22, .45, 9mm and .223/5.56. That lets me go 'deep' on ammo vs. stocking 17 different varieties.

I also don't hunt, so that takes various guns/calibers off the table.

Even at that, I should probably sell a couple. I have basically a dozen guns - 6 long, 6 pistol. They all get shot periodically, but really only 4 pistols and 2 rifles get shot regularly. I could probably make do with those 6. IMHO I should never buy more unless it's an even exchange (e.g. I want one more than one I have and 'swap' them)

Money-where-mouth-is: I've not bought a gun for at least 5 years now. If I did, I would definitely adhere to the 1-in-1-out ethos and probably stay in my chosen calibers.
    DGAF

(Lancaster County)

Never knew you could sell guns one you owned them.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Berks County)

If you figure it out, please share the information.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    I know the snarky answer is "NEVER!" but that's not the case with me.

I'm no 'collector'. That's a whole different thing. To me, a gun I don't shoot is a gun better-served by belonging to someone else who will. And I consider practical factors like ammo. I have guns in 4 calibers: .22, .45, 9mm and .223/5.56. That lets me go 'deep' on ammo vs. stocking 17 different varieties.

I also don't hunt, so that takes various guns/calibers off the table.

Even at that, I should probably sell a couple. I have basically a dozen guns - 6 long, 6 pistol. They all get shot periodically, but really only 4 pistols and 2 rifles get shot regularly. I could probably make do with those 6. IMHO I should never buy more unless it's an even exchange (e.g. I want one more than one I have and 'swap' them)

Money-where-mouth-is: I've not bought a gun for at least 5 years now. If I did, I would definitely adhere to the 1-in-1-out ethos and probably stay in my chosen calibers.
    I should follow your lead. I have a few I never even fired.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast