Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: How to know it's time to sell your guns

Agreed. I wouldn*t think I*d get what I paid for almost any of mine, either. That*s more towards the collectibles type of firearm. I seem to collect at times, but not collectibles. Typical guns/users, especially if bought new, I don*t think so. If you bought used, possibly.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Soldier View Post
    Well, if I really need the money I would sell some of my higher-end guns. Or maybe if there was something out there I really desired and needed extra funds. Otherwise, I would not get rid of them just yet. Still waiting to see how this whole shit show ends ����
    Was thinking of selling a couple guns and some ammo for some extra cash but leaning towards waiting to see what happens in the Ahmaud Arbrey and Kyle Rittenhouse trials that will be happening soon. If the McMichael clan are aquitted I can see major riots that compare to the St. Floyd "peaceful protests" lol. As far as Kyle goes, I think there will be a shitstorm too if he gets off but he shot white guys so think it will mostly be an MSM explosion.

(Washington County)

I got tired of buying guns, so now I build them. Keeps things very interesting, lot of problem solving, but obviously not everyone can machine and weld to build the gun they want. Next conquest is artillery. I can’t see spending thousands on a transferable machine gun when towed artillery is in the same price range and so much more interesting to own and shoot.

Food for thought:

Last year a stranger gave me their lifetime collection of reloading equipment and components. He is up there in years and done with shooting sports. It was an amazing gesture, and I offered to pay but he knew through a mutual acquaintance how much I love shooting and how I volunteer to teach shooting classes at local clubs. What I didn’t need I gave to my friends who are getting into reloading. This one act of generosity helped four younger gun guys with their current or new reloading pursuits. So consider gifting, trading for manual labor, etc. when you consider how to part with your items. If you know a younger person with an interest in the 2A, helping them out could have a long lasting impact. The left is doing everything they can to convince younger generations that guns aren’t cool. I donate my time, use of my guns, and sometimes even some ammo to support youth and other shooting classes in my area. Creating and promoting the love of the 2A in others is the best way to protect the future of our gun rights. Something to think about.

(Berks County)

Have been reducing the collection for the last few years with retirement on the horizon Started with the West German Sigs and have been working my way through the collection. Lots of items that I don't use or never used.

I've been dealing with health issues over the past couple of years. The last five months have been especially tough, so I've been thinking a lot lately about thinning out my collection. But I keep telling myself that I'm going to get better and I'll once again go back to shooting everything I own. Not sure that's going to happen. I couldn't sell anything right now if I wanted to as I'm recovering from my latest malady. There are still guns I want, too. A Webley MK VI, A Winchester Model 1907, a Remington Model 8 or 81, to name a few. I don't think I'll ever sell off my collection, but never say never. Maybe someday I'll take it all to Tanner's and let them deal with it. Or if I'm no longer around, my wife will.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I've been dealing with health issues over the past couple of years. The last five months have been especially tough, so I've been thinking a lot lately about thinning out my collection. But I keep telling myself that I'm going to get better and I'll once again go back to shooting everything I own. Not sure that's going to happen. I couldn't sell anything right now if I wanted to as I'm recovering from my latest malady. There are still guns I want, too. A Webley MK VI, A Winchester Model 1907, a Remington Model 8 or 81, to name a few. I don't think I'll ever sell off my collection, but never say never. Maybe someday I'll take it all to Tanner's and let them deal with it. Or if I'm no longer around, my wife will.
    Same. Got very sick in 2016. Nearly met my maker a few times during the three months in the hospital and seven months out of work. Haven*t been the same since. Have ups and downs, but nevertheless not the same.
    I*ve went thru a few periods of selling. I*d rather not let my wife sell them for what I have said I paid for them.

Tough acknowledging that I won*t have the time nor the money to complete the many projects I*d wanted to.

(Chester County)

Does anybody have a LE6920 or SPM16/SPM14 for sale?

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    When you reach room temperature.
    HAHAHAHAAA!!!

3 POINTS!!!

(Montgomery County)

Wow! It's been nearly 9 months since I started this thread so time for an update. I did good on my promise. Sold a 1911, an SP 101, an air gun and a ton of left over ammo that I did not have guns for anymore. I still have two handguns, a 10/22 and a coach gun. Put the 1911 on consignment and sold the SP101 at the gun show. Liked the gun show route much better. It sold within minutes at a very fair price. The 1911 took months and months and much aggravation. I could have sold it at the gun show for the same price, if not more.

Just out of curiosity, do you have children to pass them on to? That's my plan, guns are getting more expensive and harder to obtain, government tracking things and creating lists, lots of weird stuff going on.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast