Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: How to know it's time to sell your guns

I'm more of a collector, but I still dispose of some periodically in order to get something different. I ammasssed quite a few over the years, so I either have to really like it anymore or it goes down the road eventually.

I sell from time to time and usually suffer from seller's remorse. Someday my kids will get them all.

(Dauphin County)

I'm in the same boat, ForeverPA. Over the past 12 years, I have picked up 25+ guns. I have been considering downsizing for a while now, since I haven't been shooting or reloading as much. I finally decided to downsize in order to minimize calibers, and get rid of some of the less common calibers, like .44-40, 762x25, and 9x18. I also decided to sell some of the common calibers guns, but ones I don't shoot often. I have a few classifieds going right now, and have sold several, getting my asking price for all. Typically, I try to price things fairly, at a point where negotiations aren't really necessary.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Northumberland County)

Is it a life choice, or a life stage? If a stage, likely to change? I've been at points in my life where the desire was there but I didnt have time to go shooting. Eventually that shifted and I now have (make) time.

I've often said that when I have time, I dont have money to shoot....and when I have money to shoot, i dont have time.

(Montgomery County)

I'd happily offer a warm loving home to any stray or lonely guns that need adopted.
    Willing to feed and clean up after them, and pay any adoption fees as needed.

In all honesty, all my current firearms are for home/personal defense. I really need to branch out though, no deer/game rifles yet, also always thought some blackpowder stuff was pretty cool.

(Jefferson County)

With exception of a certain line of guns that I collect just for the sake of wanting them, most of my others fill a niche on an individual basis. Each has a purpose/use. Only a few are still in production, so those are the only ones I could remotely consider on selling.

And the guns that I just inherited from dad, they cant be sold for sentimental reasons.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    That's where I've sold three out of the last four. Always gotten pretty close to my asking price too.
    I tried the Classified years ago but hardly had any bites. My price was more than fair and the gun was popular. May be it has changed now. I also noticed a lot of "bumps" which means not much luck. Heading there now.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    I tried the Classified years ago but hardly had any bites. My price was more than fair and the gun was popular. May be it has changed now. I also noticed a lot of "bumps" which means not much luck. Heading there now.
    You can only bump every 7 days now, but so far, whenever I have bumped, I have gotten inquiries and some sales.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Montgomery County)

My focus is on collecting milsurps and I*ve been in a heavy buying period over the last year+. Not the best time to buy but pretty much everything I*ve bought I perceive to be a deal considering the current market. I*m up to more than I thought I*d ever wind up with over this time and my intention was always to keep everything and sell nothing with the intention of it all being an heirloom collection but I*ve come to realize some things lately. When I wind up with duplicates or triplicates I don*t necessarily need them all so I will need to sell some of those. I also begin looking for better examples of what I may already have to upgrade and sell of the one I*m replacing.

OP, if you*re selling milsurps let me know.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    You can only bump every 7 days now, but so far, whenever I have bumped, I have gotten inquiries and some sales.
    I am also not looking forward to dealing with people. I assume they want to see and handle the gun. How do you do that? Invite a stranger into your home? Meet them at 7-11? The last and only time I sold a gun was as a consignment. That had it's own issues. It took forever and not sure I got a good deal.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast