Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
Does putting a .22 cartridge on a rock and hitting it with another rock, resulting in permanent scar on base of left thumb count?
I shot a live high brass 3.5" 12g shell that was that was buried in a mound of clay dirt to the top of the brass with a .22lr. Well, not me, but i was shot by it.

One day a buddy and myself were bored and decided to do some 22lr target shooting.

Thought that the primer made one hell of a skilled bullseye target. We actually had a dozen or so rounds of different calibers line up like this for target practice.

My buddy shot my 22lr rifle at the 12g round that was 30-50ft away. The 22lr bullet went into the brass face just around the side of the primer.

It ignited the primer and the powder. Turns out, there is a triangular spikey piece in some primers. The wadding didntbudge due to the densely packed clay, nor did the case.

The casing of the primer became a barrel for the full force of the powder load, and shot that primer piece right square into the cheek of my ass.

Not sure if ive ever had a ND/AD before then, but i wised the fuck up rather quickly after that.