Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Ever had an ND and what did you learn from it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Does putting a .22 cartridge on a rock and hitting it with another rock, resulting in permanent scar on base of left thumb count?
    I shot a live high brass 3.5" 12g shell that was that was buried in a mound of clay dirt to the top of the brass with a .22lr. Well, not me, but i was shot by it.

One day a buddy and myself were bored and decided to do some 22lr target shooting.

Thought that the primer made one hell of a skilled bullseye target. We actually had a dozen or so rounds of different calibers line up like this for target practice.

My buddy shot my 22lr rifle at the 12g round that was 30-50ft away. The 22lr bullet went into the brass face just around the side of the primer.

It ignited the primer and the powder. Turns out, there is a triangular spikey piece in some primers. The wadding didntbudge due to the densely packed clay, nor did the case.

The casing of the primer became a barrel for the full force of the powder load, and shot that primer piece right square into the cheek of my ass.

Not sure if ive ever had a ND/AD before then, but i wised the fuck up rather quickly after that.

Yes, yes, I did.
    Qualifying for my job. Two weeks of training. Last night before quals.
    Working at dusk, flashlight drills, switching from gun to light and back.
    Doing a level 1 failure drill. Was supposed to have a dummy round, somehow my stupid self put a live round in.
    Did the drill, round went down range. Following all the other safety rules, so the round went safely into the berm

Learned a few things.
    One, be very careful and play closed attention when loading a firearm.
    Two, don't mix live rounds and dummy rounds.
    Follow all safety rules. If you mess up, most likely nothing too serious will happen.

I was at an IDPA shoot. After my reload I accidently hit the trigger while shifting my grip. Put a round down range over the berm and got a DQ. Luckily it was just a bunch of woods behind the range. We drove 2 hrs and it was the first stage. I got to reset targets and watch my friend shoot the rest of the day. I felt like a real jackass. I'm just glad nobody got hurt. Next time I shot my gun I found that the trigger safety was not working at all. When it reset it wasn't coming forward enough to engage the safety. I still screwed up but I think the fact that the safety wasn't working didn't help the situation.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123